UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS!
- Wednesday, October 2nd - No school for students/Parent Teacher Conference Day *Contact our Guidance Office to set up your student's appointment. (352)344-2244 Ext. 4411 - Mrs. Carol Brendel will be able to assist you. In addition to this date, conferences can be scheduled during the year through the Guidance Office.
- Tuesday, October 8th - SWAT meeting in room 809 (Mrs. Vaughn) during B Lunch.
- Friday, October 11th- Sock Hop Dance from 2:30 -5:00.
- Friday, October 18th - Permission slips and monies are due for the 7th Grade Cultural Field trip, “The Christmas Carol” at the Hippodrome, to Mrs. Burnett or Mrs. Smith.
- Saturday, November 2nd & Sunday Nov. 3rd -The Festival of the Arts will be held in Inverness. There will be Student ART displays set up from All of the Citrus County Schools. CSMS will have a display of nearly 60 individual works of art completed within the Art classroom. Come on out and enjoy professional art displays along with viewing the student art works. Thank you for your support of the ARTS in Citrus County.
- Friday, November 8th - Photo retake day (inter-state.com/flyerentry/43496gf)
- Friday, November 8th- A.V.I.D Field Trip to Y.M.C.A.
- Monday, November 11th -Veteran's Day - School Holiday
- Thursday, November 14th - A.V.I.D. Field Trip - College of Central Florida
- Thursday, November 14th- Upward Bound Ceremony
- November 23rd-30th - Thanksgiving Break
A.V.I.D Sock Hop
Part of the AVID program is doing community service projects. We are starting a sock collection for the homeless. Socks are the number one asked for item in the shelters for when people return to the streets. We are asking students to bring in packages of NEW socks for this project. In turn, students will receive a ticket to the Sock Hop on Friday, October 11th from 2:30 -5:00.
Parent Conference Day
Citrus County Schools has set aside October 2, 2019 as a Parent Conference Day. If you are interested in participating in a conference with your child’s teachers, please contact the Guidance office to schedule an appointment.
In addition to this designated conference day, Parent/Teacher Conferences may also be scheduled throughout the year, either before school at 7:20 a.m. or after school at 2:30 p.m.
Conferences typically include parents, students and all assigned teachers. Please arrive on time for conferences in order to adequately address your questions and concerns and be aware of our time constraints: in the mornings teachers are required to be in their classrooms prior to school starting; and in the afternoon their workday ends at 3:00 p.m.
If you have concerns that need to be addressed, please call 344-2244 ext. 4411 to schedule a conference. We look forward to meeting with you about your student’s scho
No dismissal changes may be made AFTER 1:45.
Car Line Pick up and Drop off PROCEDURES
Drop off: Car rider line begins at 7:20. Students MAY NOT be released from vehicles until 7:20. As per stated in the CSMS handbook, "Due to supervision concerns, students may arrive on campus NO EARLIER than 7:20 am."
Pick up: Dismissal begins at 2:20 pm. Vehicles MUST use the car line to pick up their student. Vehicles MAY NOT enter the middle school parking lot to pick up students. Please drive slowly. Please do not talk on your cellphone during drop-off.
*We are no longer allowing students to cross over to be picked up from the parking lot.
Soaring Falcon students are chosen monthly by the grade level teachers to be recognized for their consistent outstanding school performance and attitude.
6th grade - Avril Barnes, Mason Fries
7th grade- Monica Cortes, Tyler Murray
8th grade- Brianna Atkin, AJ Burnes
3:00pm in our Media Center
S.T.E.A.M. Club (Science Technology Engineering Art & Math) runs every Thursday in room Ms. Markey's room from 2:30-4:00. See your science teacher for a permission slip.
Title 1 Parent Communication
If you have any questions concerning Title l please call: Rene’ Johnson (Title l Coordinator) @ 352-726-1931
Citrus Springs Middle School Data
AVID is a college and career readiness program-Advancement Via Individual Determination. AVID Dress up days are held on the second Tuesday of each month.
FCA-Fellowship of Christian Athletes-ALL are welcome! Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of the month @ 7:30 AM in the gym.
SWAT (Students Working Against Tobacco) will meet every second Tuesday of every month during B-lunch.
FOOTBALL Coaches: Parker, Samler, Goddard, Richie
- Oct. 1 - S. Sumter at CSMS 6:00 Game at LHS
- Oct. 8 - CSMS at Villages 6:00 Game at Villages HS
- Oct. 15 - BYE
- Oct. 22- LMS at CSMS 6:00 Game at LHS
- Oct. 29- Championships- CSMS Host at LHS Time TBA
VOLLEYBALL Coaches: Campbell, Barrett
- Oct. 3- CSMS at LMS 3:00/4:00
- Oct. 7- CSMS at CRMS 3:00/4:00
- Oct. 10- WW at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Oct. 14- Championships at IMS Time TBA
CROSS COUNTRY Coaches: Paprzycki, Smith
- Oct. 3- at IMS 4:30
- Oct.10 - at CSMS 4:30
- Oct 17- Championships at CRMS 4:30
GOLF Coaches: Brake, Vilardi
- Oct. 3 At IMS Inverness CC (CSMS, SS, WW)
- Oct 9th- Championships at Villages Nancy Lopez CC
GIRLS BASKETBALL Coaches: Samler, TBA
- Oct. 23-Try-outs
- Nov. 14- CRMS at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Nov. 18- LMS at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Nov. 20- BYE
- Nov. 21- CSMS at IMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 3- CSMS at SS 4:00/5:00
- Dec. 5- Villages at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 9- IMS at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec, 11- CSMS at LMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 12- CSMS at CRMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 16- WW at CSMS 3:00/4:00
- Dec. 17/18 Championships at CRMS Time TBA
BOYS TENNIS Coach: Goddard
- Oct 23- Try-outs
- Nov. 13- CSMS at IMS 3:00
- Nov. 18- Villages at CSMS
- Nov. 20- LMS at CSMS 3:00
- Dec. 2- IMS at CSMS 3:00
- Dec. 4- CRMS at CSMS 3:00
- Dec. 9- BYE
- Dec. 11- CSMS at CRMS 3:00
- Dec. 16- CSMS at LMS 3:00
- Dec. 18- Championships at LHS 1:00
Teachers Working Out-Of-Field
Citrus Springs Middle School is proud that all 59 teachers and administrators who work with our students are certified by the State of Florida or other governing board. We appreciate the following teachers who have volunteered to teach a subject outside of their primary certification and are currently taking classes to obtain certification in the area they are teaching out-of-field.
- Rebekah Paprzycki Pending Certification Math 5-9
- Cynthia Rankin Out of Field Music/Chorus/Band
Each of these teachers has both experience and coursework in the area they are teaching. They are excellent teachers and we appreciate the extra effort they are putting forth on behalf of our students.
Christina Fowler is currently serving as a substitute teacher in the area of Reading. We feel she will best meet the needs of your child/children. If you wish to receive information concerning the substitute’s qualifications, you may do so in writing to the principal.