Job Description: Help all people overcome, prevent and recover from sports related injuries.
A sports medicine doctor needs to go to school for at least 12 years, sometimes even longer. The license needed to be a sports medicine doctor is a bachelor degree, a M.D and you need to go to medical school as well.
- Some qualities needed to be successful in this job are:
- concern for others
This is a sports medicine doctor, In this image he is showing attention to detail when he is reading an xray.
The salary for a sports medicine doctor is about $187,000 a year.
- Skills needed to be successful in this job are:
- verbal and conversational skills
- ideas and logic
- visual understanding
- attention to detail
Doctors have to be able to talk to their patients and inform them on their injuries.
- My goals:
- I will become a sports medicine doctor after I graduate school and get my M.D.
- How I'll get there:
- First, I will research more about doctors in the next 2 years of middle school.
- Second, I will do well in all my classes during middle school and high school.
- Third, I will take the right classes in high school such as biology and medicine.
- Fourth, I will go to college for at least 4 years and do an internship at a doctor’s office/hospital for a year.
- Fifth, I will finish all of my required school and get a job at a doctor’s office/hospital by the time I am 35.
The man in the image above may be doing an internship at this sports medicine clinic.