The Adobe Certified Expert - Analytics Developer exam guide provides potential candidates with information they need to prepare for the certification exam.
Adobe certification exams are developed with the participation of subject matter experts worldwide, following industry standards in developing fair and valid tests. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Are you an Adobe partner?
- An official Adobe Certified Professional, Expert or Master designation acknowledges your established expertise to help current and future business clients succeed!
- Partners receive a 33% discount on all certification exam pricing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your discount(s).
- Where to start? Check out the Partner Learner Journey from the Adobe Solution Partner Program today.
Exam Guide Sections:
- Intended audience
- Exam information
- Minimum candidate experience
- Exam objectives and scope
- Online sample test
- Preparing for the exam
- Implementation Specialists/Engineers
- Exam number: AD0-E201
- Exam name: Adobe Analytics Developer
- Certificate level: Certified Expert
- Status: Active
- Available languages: English, Japanese
- Number of questions: 60
- Formats: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Delivery: Online proctored (requires camera access) or test center proctored
- Passing mark: 68.33% or 41/60 [Please note: Percentage score would only be seen on older exam scores.]
- Price: $225 USD / $150 USD (India)
Minimum Candidate Experience
At a minimum, the candidate seeking to become certified has:
- Two years of experience deploying and configuring Adobe Analytics
- Ability to read and interpret a solution design document
- Familiarity with input/output methods and data extension methods
- At least 6 months of Analytics reporting experience
- Understanding of mobile SDKs, and corresponding features
- Experience with Q/A testing processes and tools
- Understands Adobe Experience Platform Launch and migrating from Dynamic Tag Management
- At least 6 months experience deploying tag management systems
- Understanding of common data layer methodology
- An ability to design a data model and provide a cohesive approach
Familiarity with the following technologies and environments:
- Adobe Experience Platform Launch
- Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger/ Omnibug
- Adobe Analytics Admin console
- Basic Workspace knowledge
- Web development tools, code editor and mobile debugging tools
- Charles proxy/debugger for Adobe Analytics extension
- Observepoint (Adobe Auditor)
- Adobe Target
- Adobe Shared Audiences, Adobe People (customer attributes)
- Data sources processing rules
- Classification rules
- Front-end web development environments
- The field of digital marketing
- Minimal knowledge of backend development environments including PC, Mac, Android/iOS operating systems (basic operations, not development)
Exam Objectives and Scope
Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud Eco-system (5%)
- Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
- Demonstrate understanding of triggers and activation
- Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Eco-system
Section 2: Strategy and Design based on a Solution Design Reference (10%)
- Interpret a Solution Design Reference to develop efficient code for data capture
- Use the Tech Spec for populating data objects
Section 3: Analytics Implementation and Configuration (25%)
- Determine which environment to deploy Adobe Analytics Code
- Utilize the variables required for a base code Analytics configuration
- Apply the process to configure Adobe Analytics non-report suite settings
- Apply the process to configure Adobe Analytics report suite and variable settings
- Apply the process to utilize the data layer within a deployment
Section 4: Tag Management Systems (30%)
- Enumerate requirements to deploy Adobe Experience Platform Launch in Adobe Analytics
- Apply processes to configure website tagging with Adobe Launch
- Enumerate requirements to enable extensions and Adobe Launch
Section 5: Mobile Services (13%)
- Apply processes to configure and execute a base pre-deployment code for mobile
- Demonstrate understanding of data dictionaries and configure processing rules for mobile
Section 6: Troubleshooting, Testing, and Validating (17%)
- Troubleshoot Adobe Analytics variables
- Recommend testing and debugging best practices for a given scenario
- Troubleshoot an Adobe Analytics server call across its lifecycle
Online Sample Test
The sample test allows you to see the type and format of questions that you will encounter in the actual exam. There is no sign on needed. The results of the sample test are not stored, and do not predict your actual test results.
AD0-E201 Adobe Analytics Developer Sample Test
- Mark your answer in each question.
- Use the link “Send Comments for this Question” to provide specific feedback.
- Click Next on the upper portion of the screen to save your answer and move to the next question. You may return and revise your question within the specified time.
- On the last question, click Submit Exam to submit all your answers.
- Complete the short survey. Click Submit.
- Click “Take Me to My Results” to view your sample test result details.
Preparing for the Exam
You are not required to complete training before taking the exam, and training alone will not provide you with the knowledge and skills required to pass the exam. A combination of training and successful, on-the-job experience are critical to providing you with the repository needed to pass the exam.
Adobe Analytics Implementation
Questions and Inquiries?
Please contact the Adobe Credential Program Customer Support team.
The content of this exam guide is subject to changes and updates. Last update January 2020