weekly school News
1. Chromebooks (5th/6th Grade) & iPads (4th Grade) were sent home today. Click below for more information.
2. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. We would encourage you to keep sharing these kind comments by using the link below. A few shared comments from this week:
"My son felt really good about receiving a (+) for exceeding expectations on his Character Card for getting it signed by a parent. He is always really good about showing us his card each day/week and this made his day! Thank you, Mrs. Knecht-Strong, for acknowledging him!"
"Thank you Mrs. Best for your very positive energy, your quick response to all of my new parent fourth grade questions, and making my daughter feel like this is going to be” Best Year Ever ! ..... Have a great year!"
3. "FILL A TRUCK FOOD DRIVE": Greenfield Kiwanis and Rotary clubs are sponsoring a "Fill a Truck Food Drive" to benefit food banks within the county. Greenfield-Central Schools have agreed to participate in this drive, and we appreciate our K-Kids organization making this their first sponsored event of the year. The drive started yesterday and will run through next Friday, August 24th. Donation boxes will be available throughout the building.
4. PTO News: "Fun Run - Coming Soon!
Maxwell Intermediate has a goal to raise $11,000 to support our school, staff, and students for this school year.
By partnering with Boosterthon, our students will participate in a two-week, fitness-based fundraiser where they’ll learn essential character traits through this year’s theme: MINDSPARK MYSTERY LAB.
WHAT IS BOOSTERTHON FUN RUN? Check out this link for more info... https://vimeo.com/177157581
In the past, our main fundraiser included catalog sales. This year we are trying something NEW and FUN to involve EVERY student and staff member. With Boosterthon, we will receive up to 75% of the donations received to go toward the budget for this year. What does the budget include? It is necessary to raise funds each school year to provide money to assist with field trips, family math and science nights, staff appreciation days, grandparents day, classroom grants, materials and much more! Please help us reach our goal this year by connecting with sponsors for your student. Each donation or pledge will receive a receipt for taxes and payments can be made online, or by cash or check.
Pledging Opens - Monday, August 20
Log on to FUNRUN.COM
Pep Rally - Monday, August 20
Fun Run - Friday, August 31
SAVE THE DATE! You’re Invited! Please be sure to have an approved volunteer form completed by this date to participate in the fun!
We’ll be sharing more information with your student next week!
5. Spell Bowl: Does your child enjoy spelling challenging words? Do they enjoy competing? If so, they may want to become a member of the 2018 MIS Spell Bowl Team! Spell Bowl is a competition where students are challenged to spell words in a written format. MIS is looking for students to form a 4th grade team and a combined 5th/6th grade team. Try-outs will be held on August 22nd after school. Please contact Mrs. Tilley (email@example.com) for more information!
6. School Dismissal Manager: You should have received an invitation last week to set up your account. Below are instructions for setting up your account. However, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the office.
7. Parent Drop-Off: To ensure your child makes it to the classroom on time, and safely, please remember the following rules in car line:
- Pick up and drop off is to take place in between the orange cones only.
- Students should enter and exit the vehicles through the passenger side of the vehicle for their own safety. We would ask that cars don't pull around the vehicle in front as this creates a dangerous situation.
- Your student should be prepared to exit the vehicle after the first orange cone. They are required to exit the vehicle between the orange cones regardless of whether they are closer to the front or back cone.
- Parents that are first in line must pull up to the first cone. This allows us to fit 3 or 4 cars per rotation so that the line moves more quickly.
- Please plan ahead so that your child arrives to his/her classroom by 7:50.
8. MIS Schedules
9. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
August 20th: PTO Fundraiser Kick-Off
August 22nd: Spell Bowl Try-Outs
August 30th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am - Library)
August 31st: PTO Fundraiser Fun Run
September 4th: 5th Grade Vision Screening
September 10th-14th: Fall Book Fair
September 26th: (k-6 tech training; 7-12 safety)
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: (7-12 curriculum; k-6 safety)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY