TEL CPD Week 13th-17th May - TEL TALKS 19
As part of SALT's Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) CPD Week, online talks will be available to Swansea University staff throughout the week of May 13th -17th 2019. We will be using Blackboard Collaborate, an online synchronous communication and webinar tool. The talks will consist of:-
- Morning Taster sessions - to experience the 'basics' of an online discussion in a live online learning environment, using Blackboard Collaborate
- Afternoon TEL TALKS - Discuss the pedagogical benefits of TEL tools for learning and teaching 'from your chair' using Blackboard Collaborate, while developing your skills for online discussions, webinar participation and virtual classrooms.
The talks will offer the opportunity to participate in different ways, at different levels, with the different functions available e.g. you may wish to just 'listen-in', you could share your microphone and/or screen at certain points, and/or take part in 'text chat' to interact with other attendees throughout the session.
Academic Developers from SALT will model session facilitation and techniques to engage a remote audience. Recordings of the session will be made available so that they can be played back if necessary. This has the added advantage that if you can't make the 'live' sessions, you can learn in an asynchronous way, self-paced and directed way.
What is Blackboard Collaborate Anyway?
TEL TALK Programme
- Monday 13th May - 10:30-11:15am: Taster Session | 2-2:45pm: TEL TALK 'Polling as a Way of Engaging Large Groups'
- Tuesday 14th May - 10:30-11:15am: Taster Session | 2-2:45pm: TEL TALK 'Padlet'
- Thursday 16th May - 10:30-11:15am: Taster Session | Afternoon session postponed due to staff presentation
- Friday 17th May - 10:30-11:15am: Taster Session | 2-2:45pm: TEL TALK 'Inclusivity and Technology Enhanced Learning'
- Rearranged slot Thursday 23rd May - 2-2:45pm: TEL TALK 'Blended and Flipped Learning' (originally scheduled for 16/05/19)
If you are new to online discussions, it is highly recommended that you sign up for a morning Taster session before an afternoon TEL Talk.
Follow us on Twitter: @susaltteam