44 McCormick Lane | Atherton
This extraordinary new construction home is a masterpiece of chic sophisticated design with a modern European flair introduced by crushed stone paths and olive trees. An all-glass entrance opens to the three-story main residence where fine oak floors unify every room along with crisp white walls and accents in deep slate grey. Every level is flooded in natural light with walls of sliding glass doors, expansive windows, and skylights. Numerous linear gas fireplaces add modern panache, including one surrounded in book-matched marble that stands as a piece of art.
Accommodations are many and perfect for the times or being prepared for the future when privacy may be needed for a variety of lifestyle functions. There is a large craft/mud room with built-in workstations for studying and home-schooling, a dedicated office for work-from-home, plus your own fitness center with dedicated bath and steam shower. Entertaining is easy with vast spacious areas for formal living and dining, a family room off the chef’s kitchen, a second kitchen ideal for caterers, plus a lower-level recreation room with full bar and your own personal movie theatre.
Six bedroom suites easily accommodate multi-generational households, as well as those with staff, plus there is a detached guest house. A junior suite is conveniently located on the main level with a private outside entrance while the lavish primary suite is found upstairs along with three more bedroom suites. The sixth bedroom suite is tucked away on the lower level. Every bedroom has a walk-in closet, two bathrooms have curbless showers for ease of use, and the primary suite bath includes a steam shower.
Outside, the one-acre, sun-swept grounds are equally beautiful with vast level areas for play and gardening, a covered entertainment pavilion off the family room, plus a pool, spa, and fire pit. All of this just one block from Holbrook Palmer Park, minutes from downtown Menlo Park, and with access to excellent Menlo Park schools. Welcome home!
Architecture + Design
- 6 bedrooms, 7 full baths, and 3 half-baths on three levels plus detached 1-bedroom, 1-bath guest house with laundry and full kitchen
- Vast landscaping surrounds the home with crushed stone walkways and olive trees reminiscent of the Tuscan countryside
- Steel and glass custom front door imported from Italy; white oak floors throughout
- Custom designed and fabricated iron stair railings and balusters (both inside and outside)
- Executive work-from-home office with entire wall of open shelves
- Dramatic living and dining room combination with remote-operated linear fireplace surrounded to the ceiling in book-matched marble; two sets of double sliding doors to the rear deck
- Eat-in kitchen with wood-paneled cathedral ceiling, painted cabinetry and island with counter seating, all topped in quartz and to-the-ceiling square tile backsplashes; secondary kitchen, ideal for caterers, has a sink, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer
- Appliances include: 60” gas range with 6 burners, grill, and griddle; dishwasher; microwave drawer; 36” refrigerator, 36” freezer, and 30” wine cooler
- Family room with remote-operated linear gas fireplace surrounded in polished marble; 9-foot-tall sliding glass doors to the entertainment pavilion
- Main-level junior suite with outside front entrance, walk-in closet, and Walker Zanger Bianco Bella marble bath with dual-sink vanity, frameless glass shower, free-standing tub, private commode room, and heated floor
- Upstairs primary suite with private covered deck, remote-operated linear gas fireplace, coffee bar with refrigerator, and large closet room with stone-topped island; en suite Walker Zanger Bianco Bella marble bath has a curbless steam shower, free-standing tub, dual-sink vanity, private commode room, and heated floor
- Three upstairs bedrooms, each with walk-in closet and en suite bath (one with shower, one with curbless shower, and one with tub and overhead shower)
- Huge lower-level recreation/media room with 10-foot-tall ceilings and 9-foot-tall sliding glass doors to light well equipped with gas and electrical conduit in place for future fireplace/gas feature; full bar with dishwasher, refrigerator, and freezer with icemaker;
- 1,100+ plus bottle climate-controlled wine cellar behind a wall of glass
- Lower-level fitness center with en suite bath with shower and steam
- 10-seat luxury theater with power reclining leather seats, Epson power light pro-cinema projector, integra DRX 5 A/V receiver, 110” diagonal screen
- Lower-level bedroom with walk-in closet and en suite bath
- Detached guest house with private covered porch, living room with full kitchen, separate bedroom, laundry room, and bath with shower
- Oversized 3-car garage with vaulted ceilings is capable of handling multiple car lifts allowing for the storage of up to 6 cars; includes 2 outlets for EV charging
- Other features include: project/mud room with laundry; upper- and lower-level laundry rooms; Toto, Kohler, Grohe- plumbing fixtures; two half-baths on main level and one on lower level; LED Element square recessed lighting throughout; Fleetwood sliding 9’ doors in kitchen/family room, dining/living room, lower level, primary suite, and junior suite; custom fabricated 8’ square skylight at front entry porch; steel beams throughout home for both structural and architectural feature
- Systems include: security and pre-wired for surveillance; motion detectors and hard-wired window and door sensors throughout; forced air heating and A/C on upper two levels; 6-zone heating and cooling in main house; heat and A/C in guest house; pre-wired for audio and automated curtains; RadioRa2 programmable lighting controls in selected locations; high-efficiency AO Smith water heaters with 190-gallon capacity in main house with recirculation loop and Rinnai tankless water heater in guest house; network WAP pre-wired; hardwired ethernet; fiber optic cabling in the media room, mechanical, family room, office, and primary bedroom suite; pre-wired for motorized shades; pre-wired for whole house audio; whole house sprinkler system for fire suppression; 600 Amp upgraded electrical service for future load; 600 Amp automatic transfer switch for future generator
- Landscaped level grounds with pool 8’ deep, 43’ long, 17’ wide with spa and waterfall with wireless control; pavilion with outdoor kitchen includes large Big Green Egg, 38” 5-burner gas grill, refrigerator, and stainless steel drawers; gas firepit terrace with wall seating
- Approximately 12,095 total square feet on a lot of approximately 43,771 square feet; included in total is 713 square-foot finished garage, 737 sq. ft. porches, 951 sq. ft. decks and 750 sq. ft. guest house
- Award-winning Menlo Park schools
- Close to downtown Menlo Park, Highway 101 to Silicon Valley and San Francisco tech centers, and Stanford University