Department of State - Secretary Rex W. Tillerson
Mission Statement: The Department's mission is to shape and sustain a peaceful, prosperous, just, and democratic world and foster conditions for stability and progress for the benefit of the American people and people everywhere. This mission is shared with the USAID, ensuring we have a common path forward in partnership as we invest in the shared security and prosperity that will ultimately better prepare us for the challenges of tomorrow.
- Department of State
- Interest Groups – Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Congress – Oversight and Government Reform
Department of the Treasury - Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin
Mission Statement: Maintain a strong economy and create economic and job opportunities by promoting the conditions that enable economic growth and stability at home and abroad, strengthen national security by combating threats and protecting the integrity of the financial system, and manage the U.S. Government’s finances and resources effectively.
- Department of the Treasury
- Interest Groups – U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Congress – Budget Committee
Department of Defense - Secretary James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Mission Statement: The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country. The department's headquarters is at the Pentagon.
- Department of Defense
- Congress – Arms appropriations, defense, armed services
- Weapon producers – Boeing, Lockhead-Martin, GE, Aerojet, Halliburton
Department of Justice - Attorney General Jeff Sessions
Mission Statement: To enforce the law and defend the interests of the United States according to the law; to ensure public safety against threats foreign and domestic; to provide federal leadership in preventing and controlling crime; to seek just punishment for those guilty of unlawful behavior; and to ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.
- Department of Justice
- Interest Group – NRA
- Congress – Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), Armed Services Committee
Department of the Interior - Secretary Ryan Zinke
Mission Statement: The Department of the Interior protects and manages the Nation's natural resources and cultural heritage; provides scientific and other information about those resources; and honors its trust responsibilities or special commitments to American Indians, Alaska Natives, and affiliated island communities.
- Department of the Interior
- Interest Group – EPA, GreenPeace USA,
- Congress – Indians Affairs, Natural Resources
Department of Agriculture - Secretary designate Sonny Perdue
Mission Statement: The Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition and related issues based on sound public policy, the best available science, and efficient management.
- Department of Agriculture
- Interest Groups – GreenPeace USA, EPA,
- Congress – House Committee on Agriculture
Department of Commerce - Secretary Wilbur L. Ross, Jr.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Department is to create the conditions for economic growth and opportunity.
- Department of Commerce
- Interest Groups – US Chamber of Commerce
- Congress – Energy and Commerce
Department of Labor - Secretary designate Alexander Acosta
Mission Statement: To foster, promote, and develop the welfare of the wage earners, job seekers, and retirees of the United States; improve working conditions; advance opportunities for profitable employment; and assure work-related benefits and rights.
- Department of Labor
- Interest Groups – AFL/CIO
- Congress – Education and the Workforce, Small Business
Department of Health and Human Services - Secretary Thomas Price
Mission Statement: It is the mission of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) to enhance and protect the health and well-being of all Americans. We fulfill that mission by providing for effective health and human services and fostering advances in medicine, public health, and social services.
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Interest Groups – National Right to Life Committee
- Congress – Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
Department of Housing and Urban Development - Secretary Benjamin S. Carson, Sr.
Mission Statement: HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination, and transform the way HUD does business.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Interest Groups – ABA Commission on Homelessness and Poverty, Innovative Housing Institute
- Congress – Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Department of Transportation - Secretary Elaine L. Chao
Mission Statement: Serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future.
- Department of Transportation
- Interest Groups – Air Line Pilots Association, International, United Auto Workers
- Congress – Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
Department of Energy - Secretary James Richard Perry
Mission Statement: The mission of the Energy Department is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.
- Department of Energy
- Interest Group – EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Congress – Energy & Commerce, Science Space & Technology
Department of Education - Secretary Elisabeth Prince DeVos
Mission Statement: Our mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.
- Department of Education
- Congress, state legislative committees and school boards
- Interest Group - Teacher and other employee unions
Department of Veterans Affairs - Secretary David J. Shulkin
Mission Statement: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's veterans.
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Congress – House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee
- Interest Groups – Vietnam Veterans of America, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, AMVETS
Department of Homeland Security - Secretary John F. Kelly
Mission Statement: With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.
- Department of Homeland Security
- Interest Groups – American Society for Mass Spectrometry
- Congress – Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee