Twenty-five years ago, Heidi Sarver became the director of the University of Delaware Marching Band (UDMB) and James Ancona joined her as the assistant director. Together, over the past quarter of a century, they have proven themselves to be two of UD’s most dynamic faculty members.
Under their leadership, the UDMB:
- almost tripled in size
- made several television appearances in regional celebrations
- and became a bigger, bolder, brassier marching band
Their guidance and mentorship have impacted thousands of student musicians, providing a sense of home and unity among the 300-member band.
Honoring the past, securing the future
Your philanthropic support to enhance a fund in Heidi Sarver and Jim Ancona’s names will not only honor their decades of UDMB leadership, but also will mark the momentous occasion of their 25th UDMB season. A gift of any amount will make a meaningful difference and could qualify for an employer match, making your impact even greater.
Alumni and former students have already provided lead gifts to launch this effort. Once fully funded, the Heidi I. Sarver and James P. Ancona Marching Band Excellence Fund will allow the UDMB to meet its annual needs now and in the future and put the very best product on the field by providing funding for the following:
- Enhancements: new uniforms and costumes, props and effects for dynamic performances.
- Equipment: purchase and maintain instruments, sound and technical equipment ensuring quality productions.
- Experiences: provide UDMB student musicians the opportunity to travel, compete and perform beyond campus.