weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. MIS Spiritwear: Store open until September 16th. If you are interested in purchasing some MIS and/or Cougar attire, click below.
2. ILEARN: Our students were excited to learn that they would no longer be required to take ISTEP+. Then, we informed them of the new statewide assessment. Our students will be taking ILEARN. Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about this new assessment.
3. School Dismissal Manager: You should have received a welcome email earlier this year. If you have not received the welcome email, please contact the office at (317) 326-3121) to verify your email address and set up your account.
4. #thankfulThursday: We appreciate the many comments already supplied. We would encourage you to keep sharing these kind comments by using the link below. A few shared comments from this week:
"Our son is new to MIS. Mr. Gilman and Mrs. Hall have made him feel welcome. We appreciate all their efforts."
"My daughter says Mrs. Blasdel offers a lot of fun activities. She loves when the weekly story is read out loud and says class is not boring!"
5. Boosterthon Fun: Congratulations to our top fundraisers: Gavin R., Ryder G., Mya D., Gage H., and James T. We would also like to recognize our top homeroom classes which were Ms. Strifler and Mr. Gilman's classes. Thanks to all for your participation. Check out the video of our fun run!
6. Beginning of Year NWEA Results: These reports can now be found in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you need help locating these or would like a paper copy, please contact the office at 317-326-3121.
7. Family Literacy Night: September 11th - 6:00-7:00pm (Click below - link updated - for more details)
8. Fall Book Fair: The Book Fair will be open daily from September 10th-14th. Family Night at the book fair will be held Tuesday Sept 11 from 6-8 pm. This evening event is open to all.
9. E-Learning Day Information: You should have received a postcard via mail this week with more details; however, we wanted to make sure you were aware that Wednesday, September 26th will be an eLearning Day for all Greenfield-Central Students, K-12
On an e-learning day, students learn at home via online lessons delivered through Google Classroom, Moodle, or SeeSaw while teachers participate in Professional Development activities.
Students need to be prepared to complete their lessons on the eLearning Day and submit any assigned work the next class day. If students do not have internet access when off school campus, they will download their work prior to leaving the school on Tuesday. We will be practicing for this event during the school day on September 12th so that students are more familiar with the process.
For Tech Support on the eLearning Day, please call (317)477-4111 to speak with our Help Desk.
Teachers will be available to provide academic support from 8:00-11:00am on Wednesday, September 26th.
10. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
RJ S., Loren B., Jack W., Kane B., James H., Cooper R., Braelynn J., Journie S., Emma R., Elly F., Mason M., Mollie M., Kerrigan S., and Julian A.
11. Picture Re-Take Information (Tuesday, September 25th):
12. Immunization Update: The Hancock County Health Department will be hosting a walk-in immunization clinic on September 26th from 8:30-3:15pm. This is the day before our exclusion date is set which gives you another opportunity to get the required shots before we would be required to call to let you know that your child will be excluded from school until shot records are provided. This is also our e-learning day where students will be working from home. Once students complete their assigned work, they would not miss any instruction on this date while getting the required shots. This will allow you some additional time to get this finished. For additional information or questions, please contact the Health Department at 317-477-1125.
13. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
September 10th-14th: Fall Book Fair
September 11th: Family Literacy Night (6-7pm)/Book Fair Open
September 13th: PTO Meeting 2:30pm (Library)
September 18th: Retro Bill Presentation (8:00am)
September 26th: E-learning Day
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: E-learning Day
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY