1. An increase in average Public Sector Net Investment spending this Parliament to 2% of GDP.
This would increase average annual public investment by £6 billion.
2. Fast delivery of over £425 billion worth of planned infrastructure investments with clear timeframes and implementation plans.
3. Increase the Annual Investment Allowance – a vital allowance for mid-sized firms -to £1 million until the end of 2018 to increase the attractiveness of near term investment
4. Use business rates to incentivise productive investment – especially from our manufacturers - by exempting new plant and machinery investments from rates bills and bringing forward the RPI to CPI switch
5. Double funding for Innovate UK and super-charge the R&D tax credit system by 50% for firms not only researching, but developing new products here in the UK