10 Tips for Your Next Color Run:
- Encourage students and anyone planning to get doused in colored powder to wear sunglasses, a hat, or bandana to keep your eyesight clear (powder is non-toxic and won't cause harm to eyes, but it will help to have eyewear when running through the clouds of color).
- Incorporate several color stations throughout the run (maybe at every quarter mile or halfway around your running track).
- Wear white! It's the best for showing off those rainbow colors at the end of the run.
- Incorporate an end-of-run celebration like a dance or group picture to capture the fun of your color run.
- Keep towels and baby wipes on hand for helping students clean up.
- Let volunteers and parents know to keep their electronics in their pockets, purses, or in ziplock baggies to protect them from the powder.
- Tell students to dress in layers - with a tank top underneath their white t-shirt. This helps reduce the amount of color that will get on the skin from water/sweat during the run.
- Want to keep the color? Maybe your team wants to always remember this fun day. If so, get your shirts colored with the powder, spray them with vinegar, then throw them in the dryer to retain all that colorful goodness.
- Consider hosting your color run at the end of the school day or possibly even on the weekend so as not to disrupt school time with a bunch of messy, powdered kids after the run.
- Don't worry too much about the clean up. The powder can be hosed away from your track, easily removed from clothes with a quick run in the washer, and removed from skin by a good scrub in the shower.
What This Partnership Means for You
Seeing as we have had many clients in the past turn their Fun Runs into Color Runs, we decided to partner with Color Blaze. This partnership means that our clients receive a 5% discount on color powder purchased through Color Blaze!
- Order color powder that matches your school colors!
- 100% biodegradable, FDA approved dyes make it safe and easy to clean up.
- Sample kits available to test before you buy.
If you are teamed up with us, contact your PEC to find out how to take advantage of this discount!
Created with images by GLady - "girls colorful smile" • GLady - "girl colorful happy" • GLady - "color run festivals people colorful"