We select a few destinations in each region to FEATURE
If you’re reading this, then that means we want to feature YOU! What does being featured mean? Read on.
an original art piece(s) is created that represents each featured destination's unique character and experience.
The original art piece and matching prints are for you to hang / display in your space (free of charge), that visitors can easily purchase and take home with them as a memento. Art pieces will generally range between 8x8 and 12x18.
When the art sells, 30% of the Proceeds from each sale then get shared directly to the destination (aka YOU), Oregon Tourism & sustainability, and a social or environmental cause of the buyer’s choice. The other 70% will go towards costs of maintaining & growing the project.
The art piece is replaced with a new one, and the cycle continues.
PART 2: Treasures 4 Travelers
Participating destinations will also get to be featured in our Treasures for Travelers App - an ongoing, engaging treasure hunt and challenge game that incentivizes players to visit as many of Oregon's unique regions, and featured destinations as they can (think RoadTrippers app meets McMenamins passport, wine/art walks, geocaching, and Cotopaxi Questival with raffle prizes).
WHAT'S UNIQUE ABOUT TREASURES FOR TRAVELERS?
- It's FREE for everyone!
- It propels tourism to ALL of Oregon's sectors and regions (ie: food/beverage, wine, site seeing, culture/history, B&Bs & unique accommodations, activity/adventure, etc.)... highlighting the best of the best experiences to be found in Oregon
- It utilizes awesome art and adventures to INSPIRE a robust mission of social and environmental awareness
- It INCREASES SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE for each destination
- It's ONGOING, and ever-growing, so repeat visitors can use the app again and again, and always have new places to visit
- It offers visitors the one thing they CRAVE… an ability to remember, and share their experience, which in turn will prompt them to come back
- It intentionally builds emotional investment and CONNECTIONS between locals, visitors and destinations,
- ALL WHILE HAVING FUN & SPARKING YOUR SILLY SIDE!
Along with your original art piece and prints, visitors will find a small instructional game card with how to purchase the art and play the game. Players complete destination-specific challenges, and post them to social media with your destination's #hashtag in order to win monthly art and prizes. Aside from rewarding visitors for visiting you, each challenge serves several purposes.
- 1. Starts the visitor out with a fun experience that will make them crave more.
- 2. directly and positively promotes your destination and it’s unique offerings on social media!
- 3. adds an important, emotional/awareness element, making them more invested, more attached, and ultimately bringing them and their friends back. Challenges might look something like,
'Thumb wrestle a stranger while you wait for your glass of wine or ice cream'
'While you relax in your B&B, write a note to someone who's changed your life but doesn't know it yet'
'At the book store, find a travel book about the area, and take a picture of what you found to be the most surprising fact.
'At the lighthouse, challenge 2 or more members of the group to let you record their best sea lion impression and share something they learned on the tour.'
Folks can choose their route by art they like, challenges they want to do, location, or destinations that appeal to them.