Life insurance's primary goal is to protect our loved ones. In situations where life insurance has served its original purpose, it can be a wonderful and significant gift to our mission.
Steps to make a gift of your paid up life insurance policy.
- Request a designation form from your insurer.
- On the designation form, name our organization owner and beneficiary of you're paid up life insurance policy.
- You are eligible for a text adduction for the cash value of the policy.
- Your generous gift of an existing policy may be kept for future benefit or cashed in for immediate use.
Interested in other ways to use insurance as a generous gift?
- Donate a paid up policy: you may be able to deduct the approximate cash surrender value.
- You may purchase a new life insurance policy and pay the premiums: you may deduct the premiums if we are named the owner of the policy.
- Name us as the beneficiary of a policy (primary, secondary, or contingent beneficiary): no immediate tax benefits are available, but the asset is not included in the taxable estate.
Contact us to talk more about a gift of life insurance to support our future mission.
This gift description is for informational purposes and is not legal or tax advice. To ensure that this gift fits your particular circumstances and planning, please consult with your professional advisors.
Thank you for considering a gift of life insurance! If you would like to learn more, we are here to help. Contact us.
Broadmoor United Methodist Church, Shreveport LA