The adventure begins Now...
The group in the photo above were nominated by their youth groups for the CVQO Westminster Award way back in November 2017. Around 8 months later they'd gone on some amazing adventures together - a week-long selection event in Somerset, lunch at the House of Lords and a two-week expedition to South Africa - and are now firm friends for life.
That's what the CVQO Westminster Award is all about and now's your chance to get involved...
Nominations for the 2019 Award are open and will close on 28 January 2019
The CVQO Westminster Award is an annual competition designed to recognise and reward the most deserving of our learners.
Each year we invite cadet and youth group leaders to come forward and nominate a brilliant young person for something they've achieved. We deliberately leave the criteria for the nomination open; it could be that they've overcome a personal challenge, helped a family member or friend in need, undertaken some amazing community/charity work or are simply an all-round terrific character.
Nominations are open now and will close on 28 January 2019!
How to get involved and eligibility
If you have a young person you would like to nominate, fantastic! There's some criteria to satisfy to make sure they're eligible:
- Be enrolled on or have completed a CVQO-led qualification
- Born between 1st September 2000 and 31st August 2002
Oh, and remember, most of all we're looking for outstanding young people who put others before themselves.
- Pick your superstar nominee
- Check they're eligible
- Fill in nomination form here
- Attach Word doc. nomination form (download from the link above)
- Give yourself a pat on the back
Dates for your diary
- Nominations open – Monday 26 November
- Nominations close – Monday 28 Jan
- Stage 2 challenge set – Monday 7 Feb
- Stage 2 challenge close – Monday 25 Feb
- Selection finalists announced – Tuesday 12 March
- Somerset selection event – Monday 15- Thursday 18 April
- ILM submission deadline – Friday 10 May
- Finalists announced – Tuesday 14 May
- House of Lords lunch – Thursday 27 June
- South Africa trip – Tuesday 9 July - Tuesday 23 July
Other important stuff
- CVQO Westminster Award nominees must be nominated by their Commanding Officers or Vocational Qualifications Officers
- There can be one nomination per squadron, detachment, unit, contingent or other CVQO-affiliated youth organisation (e.g. St John Ambulance Cadets, Fire Cadets, Volunteer Police Cadets)
- This does mean that counties/regions/wings/areas are free to nominate multiple cadets, as long as they're from different units