Your Region Venturing Teams
And Let's End With Some Fun
Hot and spicy memes are served up frequently on @VenturingBSA and @CRVPresident Instagram and Twitter. Below you can see some highlights from the past year.
The Inside Scoop on the NVOA
Michelle Merritt - national President
- My favorite memory from this year was getting to represent Venturing during the Report to the Nation event. Getting the opportunity to meet so many of our country’s leaders and hearing their connections to Scouting ingrained in me the impact that Scouting has on the nation.
- Being a part of the NVOA these past two years has ingrained in me a love for Chick-fil-A and an ability to carry on bags much larger than theoretically allowed on airplanes.
Cathie Seebauer - National vice president
- This whole year has certainly been one to remember, but I think last summer stands out in particular. From working as a canopy tour guide at The Summit, to MCing the National Jamboree, to staffing Venturing Blast at Philmont, I definitely made some memories to last a lifetime.
- I'd liked to give a shoutout to all the amazing people that came and rescued me from being stranded at various airports this year (more times than I'd like to admit) due to my bad luck and knack for being on delayed/cancelled flights.
Dominic Wolters - Central Region
- My favorite memory from this term is watching thunderstorms roll in over Baldy Mountain at Philmont when I was there for “Growing a Venturing Program”.
- I think the strangest thing I’ve done this year is try to teach someone to ski on melting snow (aka mud) in Michigan.
Ripley Price - Northeast Region
- My favorite memory from this year definitely has to be recruiting youth to run for VOA positions while attempting to complete a canoe course in Western PA earlier this year.
- I may or may not have gotten the Venturing logo shaved into my head this year… long story.
Savannah McMillan - Southern Region
- I think my favorite memory had to be having my officers and everyone at WinterFest and dancing together before the closing ceremony. Everyone was so busy and tired the whole weekend, but in that moment we were all just laughing and dancing and really just enjoying each other’s company.
- Someone told me that my eyelashes looked like blue butterflies! (Well, maybe it’s Maybelline?)
Jessica Kent - Western Region
- My favorite memory from this term was the Western Region VOA Orientation. This was the only time/place when all of the Western Region VOA members were together in one place. We bonded over the freezing cold temperatures of Mount Hood as we planned out an amazing year for the WRVOA while having fun in the process.
- I love huckleberry ice cream… I promise, it's a real thing. Check it out.