What is Animoto?
Animoto is a cloud-based video creation service that produces video from photos, video clips, and music into video slideshows. Animoto was founded by Brad Jefferson and Jason Hsiao in 2005 and is based in New York City with an office in San Francisco.
Animoto was founded in August 2006 by Jason Hsiao, Brad Jefferson, Steve Clifton and Tom Clifton, because of the amount of poor quality videos on the Internet. Animoto could be used for education, marketing, and general presentations.
Animoto launched a Facebook application in 2008. In 2009 Animoto launched an iPhone App allowing users to create videos on their phones.
Animoto can be used as a classroom tool to enhance learning. It can also be used as a way to market photography by putting together videos of pictures. You can also subscribe to the business option to enhance your business's marketing strategy.
- Go to the Animoto Website. The button to this website will be provided at the end of these instructions.
- At the top right corner of your screen, click the green sign up button. There may also be a GET STARTED button in the middle of the screen. These options should carry you to a page to sign up.
- To sign up, you can either use your Facebook information or enter it manually with an email and custom password.
This is a page on the TRIAL VERSION which has limited features. This includes an Animoto Watermark after the video has been published. To get the full features, you can subscribe to the Animoto Website.
The Dashboard allows you to store all your videos made. They will always be there, and you can always edit them, unless you decide to delete the video
Choosing a Theme
- After logging in, click on the button that says "Create a Video". It will take you to a page to choose between Slideshow and Marketing Video.
- You can read the description or view the sample video provided to see which option suits your needs.
- After you select your option, you may now choose your theme.
- Be mindful that some options are only available for Premium Members.
Uploading Pictures and Videos
- To upload a picture or video, select the green highlighted plus button.
- Select where you want to upload your video from. These options include from your laptop or computer or from Facebook.
- You then select the file and click upload. The picture or video will then be uploaded to the Animoto website.
- Your videos can be up to 20 minutes in length.
When you upload a video, it's important to mute the sound so it doesn't clash with the background music. You can mute the sound, by clicking the volume button