Meet with UO alumni and friends in Chicago: from interns to CEOs, account managers to communication directors, you'll get a sense of the PR pulse of the city.
You'll learn about what a career in PR looks like, get practice networking and make valuable professional connections.
There's more to life than work. We'll have some fun, too. Our activities include things like touring the Field Museum, taking a riverboat architecture tour and going to a Cubs game.
Ready to go?
- Each participant pays a program fee ($1700), which covers hotel, transportation in Chicago, most meals and activities. The program fee is paid through academic extension.
- The fee is charged by the University of Oregon and includes 1 credit (transferrable).
- Once accepted, a non-refundable deposit of $250 is due by April 25 to cover tickets and reservations.
- You're responsible for your own airfare or travel arrangements. Estimated airfare from Portland to Chicago is $500.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to instructor Kelli Matthews. Your cover letter should include information about why you want to participate and whether you're a pre- or full-major.
Final Application Deadline: February 25, 2018
“If you aspire to work in any metropolitan city, want to learn more about different positions in the communications industry, would like to build your public relations network, have no idea what you would like to do after graduation or know exactly what you want to do after graduation, then go on this trip!”
- Nikki Pirucki, 2015 Participant. Current an Account Executive at Edelman in SF. Started her career at Edelman in Chicago.