nOW IS THE TIME to celebrate yourself
Sincerely You provides an empowering space to celebrate and witness yourself with renewed love and confidence!
My passion is derived from the everyday women who walk into my studio, ready to take a leap of faith and see themselves from a different perspective. It takes bravery to trust a photographer by stepping in front of their camera.
My goal as your boudoir specialist is to show you that you deserve to exist in photos right now, regardless of which stage of life you're in.
Who is boudoir for?
Boudoir is for EVERY woman, whether you're completely confident and want to celebrate your sensual self, or have complicated feelings about your body and want to begin the journey of self love and acceptance, boudoir is for you!
One of the biggest boudoir myths is that you must have a significant other to do the boudoir shoot for. This simply isn't true - first and foremost boudoir is for the woman in the photos, an opportunity to stand up and say: "I am woman. Hear me roar!" Gifting the artwork to someone special afterwards is just a cherry on top of the cake!
One of the other biggest myths about boudoir is that you have to make changes to your weight first. That's missing the entire point of boudoir, which is designed to empower you and prove that you are beautiful right here, right now.
Warning: boudoir is known to be an addictive, confidence-boosting experience!
This is the beginning of your journey
You're welcome to schedule an in-person design consultation so we can get to know one anther better before your photoshoot.
"Do my photos have to be on the internet?"
I want to take a moment to explain that just because you do a boudoir shoot, doesn't mean your images have to be posted online! I respect your privacy, and custom session clients are not required to sign a model release, although it is much appreciated because it helps me showcase my skills as a boudoir artist and advocate for body positivity. Every woman you see in this presentation, my social medias, website, and marketing have given me written permission to show their photographs.
SINCERELY YOU BABE'S GUIDE TO LINGERIE
"To me, clothing is a form of self-expression. There are hints about who you are in what you wear." -Marc Jacobs
HOW DO YOU DREAM OF BEING PHOTOGRAPHED?
As your dedicated boudoir specialist, I don't want you to have to worry about anything during your session. One of the keys to success is bringing a proper wardrobe with you that is not only beautiful, but flatters your body as well.
Here is a cheat sheet that will help you shop and know what to bring with you to your session. I hope you find it helpful! At the very least you need to bring the following items: a black bra, black panties, and a black or nude thong.
What makes you feel sexy?
Not every girl enjoys sexy lingerie. If that's the case for you, brainstorm about what DOES make you feel good, and go from there. Remember, this is your chance to be a model for a day. A Princess. A Siren. A Goddess! A Bad Ass Babe. You can bring several different outfits and aim for a variety of styles; try to bring outfits that are unique in color and/or mood.
Things To Consider, Part 1.
- SOMETHING LIGHT AND ETHEREAL. Bring something in a light shade of blush, nude, cream, or white.
- SOMETHING DARK AND SMOLDERING. Black, Navy, or Charcoal will all work well.
- THINK SEXY. You can be an "understated sexy" or a more "overt sexy" - it's all about what you're comfortable with.
- SOMETHING EPIC. This photoshoot is the perfect opportunity to wear something completely wild ~ I don't mean freaky, I just mean to think big. You might even rent, borrow, or custom make your dream outfit.
Things to Consider, Part 2.
- FIT YOUR FORM. Fitted clothing that shows your shape works best for photographs. This applied to any body type. Outfits should hug your curves, especially along your top half. (Loose, flowing skirts are fabulous as long as your bodice or top is snug.)
- THINK TEXTURE. Sumptuous textures like lace, chiffon, bead-work, or embroidery lend a rich, tactile element to your photos. Avoid high-contrast patterns or prints, which are distracting. Logos or graphics are definite "don'ts."
- CONSIDER NECKLINES. Certain necklines can evoke different moods. Mixing up necklines will add variety to your shots, so try not to bring all of one style. Certain necklines can evoke different moods.
Pro Tip: sexy accessories can elevate an outfit from bam to BAM!
Quick List of Lingerie Styles
- BRA & PANTY SETS. There are so many different options out there for sexy bra/panty sets out there. When shopping for these, proper fit is extremely important. Be careful of push up bras as they often make you look unnatural. Make sure the area near your armpit looks nice and smooth and you are not coming out of the cups. That makes it more flattering in camera.
- CORSET. (Not recommended.) Corsets are meant to cinch your waist and give you killer curves. They usually have ties in the back that help create your shape. Make sure to go to a professional corset maker if you really want to wear one.
- BUSTIER. A bustier is similar to a corset in coverage, but it has cups built in that give nice breast support. They don’t normally cinch the waist like corsets do, but there are some hybrid styles out there that combine a little waist cinching and breast lifting.
- TEDDY. A teddy is a garment that covers the torso and crotch in one garment. It is a similar style of garment to a one-piece swimsuit or bodysuit but is typically more sheer and definitely sexier.
- BODYSUIT. (100% recommended!!!) A close-fitting, one-piece stretch garment for women. They are considered clothing, but they are great for boudoir too! They work for EVERY body type!!
- BABYDOLL. (Not recommended.) A babydoll is a short, sleeveless, loose-fitting nightgown. It sometimes has formed cups called a bralette for cleavage with an attached, loose-fitting skirt falling, in length, usually between the upper thigh and the belly button
- GARTER BELTS, GARTERS & THIGH HIGHS. A Garter Belt is a belt worn around the waist or hips with attached garters or fasteners to hold up stockings. Sometimes Garters are built into lingerie so a belt isn’t needed. The stockings they hold up are called Thigh Highs (because they pull up to the thigh). There are two different types of thigh highs: Some have a rubber material on the inside to help them stay up. This is REALLY important to know. If the stockings have the rubber inside they are NOT meant for garters. They are meant to be worn without them. The rubber allows them to stay up on their own. If you try to pair these stocking with garters, they are very hard to attach because of the thickness of them. Stockings without the rubber are much more desirable for garters. There is an art to attaching the stockings. Again, don’t worry, I can easily help you and teach you how it’s done.
- SHAPE-WEAR. Shape wear is a type of tight-fitting underwear intended to control and shape the figure. There are many beautiful options out there these days. (Not the ones that are meant to be hidden, but styles that flatter and are also pleasing to the eye).
- SLIP. Think of them as dresses that are meant to be worn under a dress, often with cups built in for support. Some slips can fit into the shape wear category but many do not.
- CLOTHING. Clothing is a fantastic option for boudoir! It might sound counter-intuitive but think about a hot leather jacket; or ripped jeans and a sexy bra; or off the shoulder sweaters; or a sheer T-shirt. There are so many options for clothing that can be just as sexy, if not sexier than lingerie. Jerseys are an exception - they are shapeless and unflattering, so I don't recommend one for your photoshoot. If you wanted to bring it as a background prop, we can throw it in for a couple of shots - but keep in mind that more is less.
You can also mix them up! Try a beautiful bra with a full skirt, a tank top with a lacy
thong or high socks. Why not have fun and be creative?!
Now that you know a little more about the different styles, read below and determine which is the best for you!
- 'Abs' olutely the right lingerie… Want to show off those hard earned abs and a little more skin? Bra and panty sets are a great option. Things to think about are the style of panty you choose (the amount of coverage) and what type of bra suits you best. I know its tempting to pull out a bra you might wear every day – but try to look for something a little sexier, special. Something that is meant to be seen!
- Hey Ma’am….Need a lift? So you have had a baby, or lost some weight, etc… and you may feel you need some lift in the breast department. I know most women are tempted to go straight for push up bras… but resist the urge. Before you try on push-ups, look for demi cup bras, or underwire bras that offer strong support without adding too much size. This is typically more flattering proportion wise. Good support is more important than padding any day. This is not to say that there aren’t some good push up bras out there, just be really aware of how any bra fits and flatters.
- Lets get to the bottom of this… If a great tush shot is on your list, I recommend bottoms that show just enough, but not too much. I prefer cheeky or Brazilian bottoms over thongs. Many teddies and body suits are cut in the back to show off some tush. Those are a great option too! (beware of string teddies though – they don’t always flatter!)
- Legs Legs Legs – lots of options… We all want long gorgeous legs. Here are a couple of tips for that! Look for high cut undies, teddies, bodysuits. The higher the leg opening the longer your legs will look. Also bring a pair of skin colored shoes with you. That will make your legs look even longer than they are.
- Need a lift but don’t want to show too much skin? Bustiers are for you! They offer amazing support while giving you a little more coverage, all while flattering your shape.
How to do coverage, correctly…
Even though boudoir is about shedding layers, I do understand many women don’t want to show too much skin or they are concerned about parts of their body that they might not want to show off. Here are some tips to cover, boudoir style.
- Worried about your tummy? If you are worried about showing your stomach think of shapewear (the gorgeous kind! Not the kind that hurts!), Slips, bustiers, t-shirt. A beautiful lace robe over a bra and underwear is a great choice. So is a plain white tank top and lacy undies.
- Scars or stretchmarks? If you have some stretch marks or scars look for some more opaque materials, but stick with a style that will still show off your shape – like a bodysuit or a slip. The worst thing you can do is hide behind a lot of fabric – like a babydoll for example. It will only make you look heavier. We want to see your gorgeous shape no matter what you wear or how covered you are.
- Not in love with your arms? Arms are sometimes a concern for women. Well, let’s ease that concern. Look for long sleeved body suits or throw a crisp white button down over some killer lingerie. Presto - no worry needed.
- SHOES. Please bring at least one pair of heels - keep in mind: the higher the heel, the better!! No ankle straps please.
- JEWELRY. Feel free to bring any jewelry you might want to wear. I can help you choose what looks nice with your outfit and what will flatter depending on the poses that we are going to work with. I suggest cleaning pieces you're bringing too!
- PROPS. If you want to bring a prop or two to show off your interests and personality, that’s great. Just be careful that it doesn’t get too costume like. Less is always more. Please email me before your session to let me know what props you're bringing so I'm prepared (SincerelyYouPortraits@gmail.com) - firearms are strictly prohibited.
- COLORS. Most colors work really well in camera. Some that do not include fluorescent colors and sometimes red and turquoise. If you like red, look for a deeper red – something not too bright. Black is always classic and looks great on everyone.
- FINAL TIPS. Always bring more outfits with you than you plan to wear, this way we have options! I also recommend bringing at least one outfit totally out of your comfort zone. You don’t have to wear it, but you just might want to!
IF ALL ELSE FAILS, REMEMBER THIS SIMPLE RULE: K.I.S.S. - KEEP IT SIMPLE, SILLY!
Though it shouldn't be relied upon, I have compiled a boudoir closet with lingerie ranging from size S - XXL, shoes sizes 7-10, and a variety of jewelry to help boost your wardrobe options! So no matter what, you're gonna look bangin', babe!
Don't worry about Looking Good, cos You will look AMAZING!
Regardless of your shape or size, I will be able to apply my expertise to pose & light you in the most flattering way to showcase your outer bombshell!
I've been a photographer for over 6 years and know just how to use light and posing to capture your most radiant and beautiful self! I will coach you from your fingertips to your toes by saying things like: "Slide your chin forward a bit, now look up at me and pull me in with your eyes, grab those boobies like your life depends on it now!!" etc. ;)
I'm also not afraid to get down and demonstrate poses! I've had my own boudoir photos taken 3 times in the past year, so you can rest assured that I totally know what you're going through during this experience!
(Background photo of Ashlee by Tracey Long)
You're gonna wanna maintain a moisturizer routine leading up to your shoot, do all of your shopping, get your hair touched up and nails done, and clean any jewelry beforehand!
You may want to book your shoot 2-3 weeks or more in advance. And keep in touch with me, as my calendar has been known to book up a couple of months in advance!
Butterflies in your tummy are perfectly normal. Don't overthink it- I promise your shoot won't be nearly as scary as you think! We'll chit chat, listen to music, and you'll be busy listening to me coach you into different poses! It's actually a lot of fun, like spending the day with a body-positive friend. Many of my clients have thanked me afterwards for making them feel at ease quickly.
30 minute consultation * 75 minutes hair/makeup * 60-90 minutes shooting * 2-3 weeks processing images * 60 minutes reveal/ordering appointment
Your Final Portrait Order
Barring any abnormal circumstances, it normally takes about 3 weeks to get in your order, though it can take up to 6 weeks depending on your purchase. If you have a specific date that you need your photos by, let me know ahead of time and we can work out the details.
Hair & Makeup
You will get pampered on the day of your session by a professional hair and makeup artist. Just a heads up - makeup for photography is stronger than everyday wear! It's not about changing your appearance, but enhancing your natural beauty and giving you confidence for your photoshoot!
1:1 Image Debut & ORDERING APPOINTMENTS
The first step after your incredible photoshoot is coming back for your image debut and ordering appointment. You'll get to view your stunning images in a slideshow, and then determine how many images you are head over heels for! It's not a bad thing to finally love photos of yourself! Every client is different and the most important thing is that you LOVE every picture you purchase. #noregrets
In most cases, reveals take place within 3 weeks of your photoshoot. I typically make general adjustments and basic skin smoothing to your reveal gallery and create your beautiful slideshow. I'll also create a couple of finalized edits to show you as an example of what your final images will look like. Full retouching and aesthetic editing will be completed on purchased images. Be forewarned: many clients tend to tear up with joy when they witness themselves in the light of boudoir!
It's not very often that we love a lot of photos of ourselves, but I guarantee you will not have this problem at your reveal! Once we have your images decided, then we will determine how you want to present your images. Which photos belong in your album? Is there a particular piece of wall art you want to hang up? Do you want an Empowerment Block with your favorite quote to serve as a daily reminder of how fierce you are?
SINCERELY YOU OFFERS NOTHING BUT THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOR YOU TO DISPLAY YOU AS FINE ART.
I accept payment right at the studio in the form of debit or any major credit card. Once your payment has been received, we'll part ways and I'll begin the design process and notify you once your order has been placed.