Priorslegh Medical Centre Patient Participation Group Please scroll down the page to learn more
I worked in Local Government, where I acquired considerable experience of working with committees and writing reports. I find it interesting to be a member of the PPG, and to learn about current medical issues, especially those relating to the Practice.
I have been a patient at Priorslegh for 23 years. I joined the PPG when I retired from a career in music education. I really enjoy being a member of the PPG, and having an opportunity to give a patient’s perspective on the services provided by the Practice.
As an education manager the focus of my work was diversity - particular the development of minority ethnic group participation in education and the wider community. As a member of the PPG, I now have a better awareness of how the surgery operates as well as the opportunity to raise issues and support the development of Priorslegh Surgery services, which reflect the needs of patients.
I am a retired accountant. My family have been patients and supporters of the Practice for 48 years. I aim to continue supporting the Priorslegh team via the PPG, in providing the best services for all our patients.
There are also two virtual members who keep up to date and comment on issues via e mail.
Why Is It Important For Our Practice To Have A Patient Participation Group?
- Patient views are important to the practice
- To enable us to channel communication effectively
- To support each other in our decisions
- To have a collective voice to support new and improved initiatives both within and outside the practice
What Are The Benefits Of Having A Patient Participation Group?
- Better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff
- Patients consulted about arrangements for their primary healthcare before decisions are made
- An open forum to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns
- Our practice can plan services jointly with patients
- Our practice can get help to meet targets and objectives
- We can get closer to the community for whom we care
What Are The Patient Participation Group Actively Doing?
The Patient Participation Group is active in a number of areas. Our main involvement consists of the organization of the local Health Forum which has been active for three years and has attracted several hundred local people and attended by over twenty six health organisations and services.