1.7 Create a Visual Text (Static Image) - you will design and create a poster based on ONE of the Usagi stories that you have read. The poster must show the audience the idea of HONOUR as you see it in the story.
Examples of Static Image:
Communicating Ideas Through Images
What is the dominant image in this picture?
How does it draw the audiences attention?
Rule of Thirds
Which images fall into the 'thirds' of this static image?
How has the font been chosen to match the ideas on the page?
How do you feel about this use of white space? Effective or too much?
What symbol do we see here? What is it aiming to represent?
How might we use symbols to show the idea of 'honour?'
Colour can be used symbolically to communicate an idea
In your book, answer the following questions:
How has this poster divided the image?
How has this poster used colour symbolically? Why do you this the car is black?
Does the font suit the poster? why?
- Either digitally or by hand, you will create an A4 'poster'.
- This poster will be based on one of the two Usagi stories that you have read.
- 'Honour' is a important idea in Usagi - you will need to show this through your poster
- You must include AT LEAST three visual techniques (dominant image, white space, colour, font, rule of thirds, symbolism)
- You must include a verbal technique - a quote from the story that you have chosen that shows 'honour'