Primary Care Networks
Bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding role as a Family Physician/General Practitioner or a Nurse Practitioner for a Primary Care Network (PCN) in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada!
Learn more about exciting new job opportunities in this community located in the Fraser Northwest region.
The Fraser Northwest Primary Care Network is a partnership between the Ministry of Health, Fraser Health, the Fraser Northwest Division of Family Practice, and Kwikwetlem First Nation.
Join A Team-Based Network
Be part of a cohesive team where each provider has their own unique role and scope in the provision of patient care, and you work together to make sure that the patient’s needs are met in the most effective way possible.
- The opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team supported by other health care professionals.
- Options to actively connect with other family physicians, nurse practitioners, health authorities, health care providers, and community-based health and social service organizations to provide seamless and timely patient care.
- Access to specialized programs and coordinated referral systems for key areas, such as mental health and substance use, seniors, cancer care, and surgical and diagnostic programs.
- Access to professional development and support networks that will foster skills and develop leadership.
- Digital platforms to directly connect to patients through websites, email, text and video conferencing.
- An opportunity to effectively manage your time and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- Income security while you establish your practice and build your patient panel.
Resting on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River is New Westminster, the oldest incorporated city in British Columbia. Known as "The Royal City," it offers a wide range of attractions and amenities including fine period architecture, parks and recreational facilities, museums, live performance theatres, and a public market.
The Royal City is also just a short train ride away from Vancouver, and there are no shortages of new experiences to try or places to discover.
Register online and our recruitment consultants can:
- Guide you through registration and licensing procedures.
- Match your skills and interests to opportunities in the regions of your choice.
- Provide you with information about communities of interest.
- Connect you with prospective clinics and opportunities.
- Connect you with appropriate resources (such as transition to practice supports) throughout the health system.
- Provide and connect you to the personal and professional support you will need from the initial stages of expressing interest and through arriving to your new clinical practice.