ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC CONTESTS
The purpose of all eligibility rules and regulations is to keep competition equitable and to maintain athletics in proper perspective in relation to the total educational program. The following regulations are considered as minimum standards for each local administrative unit to follow in maintaining the highest possible standards relative to its interscholastic athletic program.
1. Age: A student may not participate on a 7th or 8th grade team if he or she turns 15 years old on or before August 31st of the current school year.
2. Attendance: A student must be in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester.
3. Residence: A student must participate at the school to which he or she is assigned by the local board of education. No student may participate in the FBMSC if they are attending a private school, charter school, or home school.
4. Academic Guideline: Upon entering 7th grade, students will be eligible until the end of the first 9 week grading period. A student who fails 2 or more core classes on a nine week report card will be deemed academically ineligible during the next 9 week grading period.
5. Participation of Eligibility: From the students’ date of entry into the 7th grade, he/she will have four consecutive semesters of eligibility, regardless of medical hardship.
6. Transfers: A student transfer by the Board of Education from one district to another (Schedule C) is not eligible until the next semester.
A student dismissed from a team for behavior or academics is ineligible for participation of that season. There are no regulations for residency changes.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION RULE - A player must receive a medical examination once every 395 days by a physician licensed to practice medicine in order to be eligible for practice or participation in interscholastic athletic contests. A copy of this physical exam is to be given to the AD and will be kept on file by the AD.
FEES - A mandatory one time yearly fee of $40 is required by each athlete. This fee includes the following: A BCS transportation fee $35.00 and supplemental insurance fee of $5.00