NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION (NASA) GLENN RESEARCH CENTER, Cleveland, Ohio
Digital Imaging Specialist, Photographer IV (TIALS II Contract) Aug 2015 - Present
Responsible for creating visual imagery to advance NASA's mission, brand and reputation.
TLDR; The Take Away
- Cross-functional member of an experienced and exceptional imaging group. Personal expertise spans multiple disciplines.
- Fosters close working relationships with a diverse group of imaging, scientific, engineering, communications & public outreach professionals.
- Produce content in coordination with agency-wide initiatives. Manage content captured and created by others into coherent and relatable products for use across a number of platforms including NASA TV, NASA.gov as well as social media platforms; YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and most recently, Instagram TV (IGTV).
- Determine images and picture composition, selecting and adjusting subjects, equipment, and lighting to achieve desired effects.
- Employ a variety of specialized photographic equipment and techniques, including infrared, high- speed video, macro photography, photogrammetry and 360º photography & video.
- Use digital still and video cameras, along with a variety of equipment such as tripods, sliders, filters and strobes to document Aerospace hardware and the people behind it.
- Set up, mount, or install photographic equipment and cameras for long term documentation of projects through time-lapse photography.
- Conduct interviews for video project while gathering multiple sources of audio and additional camera angles.
- Establish project goals, locations, and equipment needs by studying assignments and consulting with clients or the communications team.
- Develop visual aids and charts for use in lectures, presentations and outreach events.
- Photo editing and retouching of images using software. Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier, After Affects and Media Encoder are used on a nearly daily basis.
- Perform general office duties such as scheduling appointments, maintaining equipment, and keeping metrics logs up to date.
- Manage large scale projects in close cooperation with the centers initiatives and guidance from the Communications Department.
Digital Asset Management
- Responsible for refining workflow process amongst team members. Created best-practices guidelines for every step of still imaging procedures. From the initial request, to capturing the photograph, editing, output for delivery or archiving and administrative duties related to creating, managing and closing work orders.
- Helped migrate over 100,000 digital assets from one system, Extensis Portfolio to another, Media Beacon. Responsible for reviewing, updating and creating procedures for required metadata upon ingestion into the web browser based system.
- Scan film & printed photographs for editing, storage and entry into a digital asset management system. Research content of archival photographs which are missing important metadata by collaborating with government historians and librarians. Thereby, insuring useful and accurate information is present when delivering internally and to the public.
- Exceptional knowledge of photography and multimedia storytelling. Experience across a wide range of specialities including documentary, sports, scientific, portraiture, architectural, studio and location photography.
- Advanced working knowledge of imaging software including Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Premier, After Effects and Media Encoder CC, Apple Final Cut Pro, the Microsoft Office suite and specialty software used in scientific and astronomical imaging.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skilled digital asset manager, archivist, project manager and content publisher with an advanced knowledge of visual standards, metadata methodology and workflow management.
- Experienced aerial photographer. Approved for flight in specialty aircraft used for research.
- Fall Protection certified as a competent person.
- Able to properly handle and manage information that could potentially be labeled as Personally Identifiable Information (PII) , Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) or fall under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
RAMI DAUD PHOTOGRAPHY Cleveland, Ohio
Freelance & contract photographer, Jan 2004 - Present
- Owns and operates a small business.
- Create visual solutions and offer coverage for a wide variety of clients including; newspapers, magazines and wire services.
- Booked, photographed and quickly delivered over 80 weddings between 2008-2015. Click here to view wedding photos.
- Performs well in high pressure environments like athletic competitions, news events and emergency situations.
THE CLEVELAND COLLECTION Cleveland, Ohio
Director of Communications, Nov 2015 - May 2017
- Responsible for managing external and internal communications Managed the web site & social media presence.
- Responsible for the promotion and curation of ten exhibitions of artists across North Eastern Ohio.
- Coordinate artist talks and community outreach.
APPLE STORE, Crocker Park Westlake, Ohio
Product Specialist, Jun 2017 - Present
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Recognized for dealing well with ambiguity and having a team-focused approach with a drive for results.
- Continually rated highly, currently at 97%, amongst customers for service.
OAK HILL MARKET, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Manager, May 2009 - Jul 2015
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Count money and make bank deposits.
- Digitize inventory through XML database and used to monitor inventory and supply digital iPad registers with current information on price and availability.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service. Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY, Kent, Ohio
Assistant Photographer, University Communications and Marketing, Jan 2007 - May 2008
- Responsible for the digital asset management of the selected images of three staff photographers as well as scanning, retouching and adding metadata to photographs shot on film for the digital archive.
- Perform general office duties such as scheduling appointments, keeping books, and ordering supplies.
- Take pictures of individuals, families, and groups, either in studio or on location.
- Test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working order.
- Manipulate and enhance scanned or digital images to create desired effects, using computers and specialized software.
- Perform maintenance tasks necessary to keep equipment working properly.
Computer Technician, School of Journalism & Mass Communication, Aug 2002 - May 2006
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems. Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
MEDINA COUNTY GAZETTE, Medina, Ohio
Multimedia Journalism internship, Apr 2006 - Aug 2008
- Photographed a wide variety of subjects including; sports, features, portraiture, news and created photo-illustrations.
- Introduced multimedia production to a formally still only organization. Empowered staff members to embrace audio and video recording to amplify and support still content while aligning to national trends in the media industry.
- Created and managed a multimedia web site for the newspaper that was featured by the National Press Photographers Association.
- Well-integrated into the wider community of Medina County by continually enterprising while documenting the citizens. Many were often over looked and enjoyed having the opportunity to have their stories told.
- Performed duties of full-time staff members while exceeding the expectations of the newsroom & management.
- Internship was extended past the initial three-month period to a full-time two year position.
THE YOUNGSTOWN VINDICATOR, Youngstown, Ohio
Photography Internship, Oct 2010 - Aug 2011
- Covered news, sports, features and portraiture in both still photography and videography.
- Managed the photo desk several nights a week. Responsible for gathering & preparing content amongst staff photographers and wire services for publication in both print and online editions of the newspaper.
- Record of success in meeting deadlines, goals and wishes of photo, online and managing editors.