In your journals, I want you to write about your first paper. Where did you struggle? What are you proud of? What would you like feedback on, if anything? What areas could be expanded or condensed? What would you do differently if you were starting over again? What did you learn from reading your peer's papers over the weekend?
- What in this piece worked particularly well for you – that is, what shouldn’t be lost in the revision? If you were to pick one particular passage or section that stands out, what would that be?
- Who or what do you want more detail about?
- Why should anyone believe this writer? For example, do you have a sense that the author is fairly and accurately describing the scene? Does the author make declarations and then support them with evidence?
- Has the author made connections between place and the “real” word?
- What else can you say about this work? Any other general/questions/suggestions?