weekly school News
1. E-Learning Dates: This is new to K-6 students this school year. Teachers will have office hours for a portion of the day while they will participate in professional learning opportunities the rest of the day. More details to come regarding specifics; however, we wanted to get the dates out to you as soon as possible. The three dates for this year are as follows:
e-Learning Dates for G-CCSC (Focus of These Three Dates)
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018: (K-6th tech training; 7th-12th school safety)
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 (7th-12th curriculum; K-6th school safety)
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 (K-12th curriculum)
2. Contacting the Office or Teachers: Please know that our teachers do their best to respond to your emails in a timely fashion; however, there #1 responsibility during the day is teaching your child. If you have not heard back from them within 24 hours, please call the office to let us know.
Please know, as well, that often our office staff is not constantly tied to their email and may not see something that you had hoped we would. If you have an emergency or something that is time bound, please pick up the phone and call us (317-326-3121).
Finally, we are sad to say that Mrs. Nugent has taken a new position. Therefore, her email account is no longer active. For now, please email Mrs. Yeager (firstname.lastname@example.org) for anything you would have typically sent to Mrs. Nugent.
3. School Pictures: School picture forms were sent home with students today. You should have also received an email yesterday with instructions on how to order online.
4. NWEA Testing will begin next week. Please click on the link below for additional information regarding this from Dr. Olin, Superintendent of Greenfield-Central Schools.
5. School Dismissal Manager: Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are currently building our rosters for the 2018 - 2019 school year. You will be receiving a welcome email from School Dismissal Manager early next week. Please click on the link in the email that you receive to set up your account for this year. Our hope is that we will begin using School Dismissal Manager early next week. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
6. Parent Drop-Off: To ensure your child makes it to the classroom on time, and safely, please remember the following rules in car line:
- Pick up and drop off is to take place in between the orange cones only.
- Students should enter and exit the vehicles through the passenger side of the vehicle for their own safety. We would ask that cars don't pull around the vehicle in front as this creates a dangerous situation.
- Your student should be prepared to exit the vehicle after the first orange cone. They are required to exit the vehicle between the orange cones regardless of whether they are closer to the front or back cone.
- Parents that are first in line must pull up to the first cone. This allows us to fit 3 or 4 cars per rotation so that the line moves more quickly.
- Please plan ahead so that your child arrives to his/her classroom by 7:50.
7. Daily Lunch Schedule: *Please be aware that our lunch times vary each day this year. If you plan to visit your student, you will want be be familiar with these times. If you are bringing in lunch, we ask that you limit this to just your student. Don’t forget to bring your state issued ID if you wish to enter the cafe. If you are buying a school lunch for yourself or another guest, please bring cash as you cannot use the money in the student account.
8. Blue Day (Related Arts Schedule)
9. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child's classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
10. PTO News: There has been some interest in the vacant co-treasurer position. If you are interested in this vacant position and have an incoming 4th or 5th grade student, please send an email with your name, phone number and name of your student to email@example.com by Monday, August 6, 2018. For more information on how this position will be filled, please click the PTO Facebook link in the section below for the by-laws.
Even if you are not interested in the officer position, please plan to attend the meeting to learn about some exciting changes with PTO as well as more about several PTO sponsored events this school year. Our Maxwell students and staff need you! #proud2bMIS
11. 6th Grade Immunizations: If your child has not had his/her 6th grade immunizations (T-dap & meningitis), please take care of this as soon as possible. Mrs. Sturges will be corresponding with you in the near future if your child is not up-to-date. Proof of immunizations is required by September 27th. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Sturges in the clinic.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
August 9th: PTO Meeting - 2:30pm (MIS Library)
August 16th: Picture Day
August 13th: Kakuda Visitors
August 20th: PTO Fundraiser Kick-Off
August 22nd: Spell Bowl Try-Outs
August 31st: PTO Fundraiser Fun Run
September 10th-14th: Fall Book Fair
September 26, 2018: (k-6 tech training; 7-12 safety)
October 30th/November 8th – P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1, 2018 (7-12 curriculum; k-6 safety)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY