FROM THE PRESIDENT'S DESK
Chapter 20 President: Ben Barker, SR/WA, RW-RAC, RW-NAC
Greetings Chapter 20 Members!
Chapter 20 had our January Chapter meeting on January 29th. Thank you to Fredrikson & Byron for sponsoring and hosting the meeting. Attorney Ben Tozer presented on eminent domain case studies. We also presented Chapter 20’s Professional of the Year Award to Mike Moran from MnDOT, and the Employer of the Year Award to Great River Energy. Congratulations to both of them and thank you for your contributions to Chapter 20.
March is next week and Chapter 20 is hosting the Region 3 Spring Forum on March 15th-16th along with Course 901 Engineering Plan Development & Application on March 17th. The deadline to register for the forum is Friday, February 28th. Please find more information about the Spring Forum at Chapter 20's website.
As you are aware, Chapter 20 is hosting the IRWA 2020 International Education Conference in Minneapolis. Approximately 1,500 IRWA Members from around the world will be attending the conference. We need volunteers to help throughout the conference. Please consider volunteering for at least one 2-hour shift during the conference. More information about volunteering will be emailed out this spring.
Finally, if you are available on March 25th, please plan on attending our next Chapter 20 Member Meeting. The meeting will be held at Enbridge’s office in Superior, WI. Register for the meeting by Thursday, March 19th on Chapter 20's website.
If you need anything or have any questions about Chapter 20, please do not hesitate to contact me at 612-581-6572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ben Barker, IRWA Chapter 20 President
2019-2020 NEW SPONSORS
2019-2020 EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Director: Mindy Leadholm, SR/WA
- President: Ben Barker, SR/WA, R/W-NAC, R/W-RAC
- President Elect: Benjamin Tozer
- Treasurer: Matthew Hagelin, SR/WA
- Secretary: Brian Mielke, SR/WA, R/W-NAC
MARCH BOARD AND MEMBER MEETING
- Sponsor: ProSource Technologies – Platinum Sponsor
- Date: Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
- Location: Enbridge (119 North 25th Street East, Superior, WI 54880)
- Board Meeting: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Member Meeting and Lunch: 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Speaker: Peter Smerud, Executive Director of Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center
- Topic: Living Building Challenge is the new and highest level, internationally, of sustainability in building design and construction. People may be familiar with LEED, LEED Gold, Platinum, etc. Living Building standard goes way above LEED Platinum and is changing paradigms in how we approach things such as "net zero" energy and change our thinking to "net positive".
- For more information and security protocol for the meeting, click here!
JANUARY BOARD AND MEMBER MEETING RECAP
Our January Board and Member meeting was held on January 29th, 2020. Ben Barker provided an update from our board meeting and Brian Mielke presented Chapter 20's Professional of the Year Award to Mike Moran with MnDOT and Employer of the Year Award to GRE. Dan Lesher and Mindy Leadholm provided an update for the upcoming 2020 International Education Conference coming up this Summer. Our speaker at the meeting was Attorney Ben Tozer who prsented on eminent domain case studies. A big thank you to Ben Tozer for a great presentation and to Fredrikson & Byron for sponsoring and hosting the meeting.
Created with an image by Tom Conway - "Downtown Minneapolis and the Mississippi River Long Exposure"