Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U will be played as a single elimination tournament with a maximum of 4-players playing at a time in each heat. The top player in the final heat will be declared the winner and awarded a prize!
A note regarding controllers: players may bring their own controllers and use them during the tournament, however they will be responsible for ensuring that said controllers are able to pair with the tournament Wii U system. Four standard Wii-motes will be made available for all players.
- 3 stock.
- 8 minutes.
- Items are turned to "off" and "none."
- Pause is disabled.* Stalling is prohibited.
- Stage selection is permanently set to "random."
- If time runs out the winner will be determined based on remaining stock, and then by ending damage percentage.
- If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
- The top player in the final heat will be declared the Winner and awarded a prize!
*NOTE: This rule isn't strictly enforced, and as such, a rule regarding accidental pausing is enacted.