'Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.'
'Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy - the experiences that make us the most vulnerable.'
'Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.' - Brené Brown
The Ten Guideposts for Wholehearted Living
1. Cultivating Authenticity: Letting Go of What People Think
2. Cultivating Self-Compassion: Letting Go of Perfectionism
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
4. Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark
5. Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith: Letting Go of the Need for Certainty
6. Cultivating Creativity: Letting Go of Comparison
7. Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as Self-Worth
8. Cultivating Calm and Still: Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle
9. Cultivating Meaningful Work: Letting Go of Self-Doubt and 'Supposed To'
10. Cultivating Laughter Song and Dance: Letting Go of Being Cool and 'Always in Control'
(For more information, read 'The Gifts of Imperfection' and 'Daring Greatly' by Brené Brown