Personal Relationships & Collaboration
- Form relationships with students
- Like family-truly evident after this past week.
- Relationships with colleagues- not just co-workers but trusted friends.
- These relationships have allowed me to get into rooms and share my knowledge with others.
- Collaborate by using each of our strengths as each of us brings something different to the table.
- Work together with a growth mindset.
- Willing to try new things
We researched, wrote and implemented four project based learning units throughout the year.
- Animal magazine
- Farmers' Market
- Identify apps with SAMR model in mind (substitution, augmentation, modification, redefinition)
- Seesaw: blogging, book snaps, WTW sorts, body systems, meal plans, etc.
- Everyday Math apps
- Pop Words
- Emoji Me
- Scholastic Magazines
- Shadow Puppet
- Pic Kids
- Spelling City
Flexible Seating Classroom
- Exercise balls
- Benches with cubbies and open floor space
- White board tables
- Perfect for differentiated grouping, seating, and instruction
Professional Development & Learning
- School visits
- Books: Next Steps in Guided Reading by Jan Richardson and Leader in Me by Stephen Covey & Sean Covey
- Presented at ITEC
- Lead Tech Tuesdays
- Model teacher
- Presented at every Learn. Create. Innovate.
- Collaborated with Chad on a few projects
- Taught tech lessons in other classrooms
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi