Open Call: LaBelle Since 1919
LaBelle Since 1919 formerly known as LaBelle Furs, has announced their Designer Orlando Fur Competition as a part of their 100 year anniversary celebration.
Open to emerging designers or students attending college or university, this competition gives design talent the opportunity to learn, collaborate, expand their design perspective, launch a new line for LaBelle Since 1919 and win a $2,000 award.
The top five finalists will be selected on June 25 and the winner will be announced on June 30.
• Emerging fashion designers 18 years of age or older
• Emerging designer professional experience or enrolled in a college or university
• Open to Florida residents
• Designers must complete application form and submit colored drawings of a 10 to 15 piece collection based on how they would use their fur trim (Fox, mink, rabbit, etc…) integrated designs geared towards a Florida clientele by June 19
• The top five finalists must submit samples of materials they plan to use in their design by June 29 and LaBelle Since 1919 will assist with selecting the fur trim.
• Once the La Belle Since 1919 team chooses a winner from the drawings, the winner must manufacture clothing and LaBelle Since 1919 will provide and sew the fur accents.
• $2,000 award presented by LaBelle Since 1919.
• Opportunity to create a private collection collaborated and sold at LaBelle Since 1919.
• Will be featured during Orlando International Fashion Week in November.