1984 is a book written by George Orwell about a dystopian future in which the government has total control over it's citizens through fear, and surveillance. We go on a journey through the eyes of our main character, Winston Smith as he dares to defy the social norms of society.
- Winston Smith
- O' Brien
- Big Brother/Emmanuel Goldstein
Oceania, a giant country comprised of the Americas; the Atlantic Islands, including the British Isles; Australia; and the southern portion of Africa. Oceania's mainland is called Air Strip One, formerly England. The story itself takes place in London in the year 1984, a terrifying place and time where the human spirit and freedom are all but crushed.
The Four Ministries
- Miniluv: Ministry of Love (law and order)
- Minipax: Ministry of Peace (war)
- Miniplenty: Ministry of Plenty (rationing)
- Minitrue: Ministry of Truth (propaganda)