Suicide prevention month
Suicide can be prevented
It only takes one moment, one connection
There are actions you can take to help prevent suicide.
- Take the warning signs seriously. Do not ignore the signs in hopes they will go away.
- Reach out. Show your concern. Don't worry about saying the wrong thing. Your genuine concern is what is important.
- Ask if the person is thinking about suicide. Be direct. Be persistent and sensitive to solicit an answer.
- Convey hope to the person who is struggling. Hope is the best defense against suicide.
- Listen and accept the person's feelings calmly and without judgment.
- Do not act shocked or argue with the person.
- Don’t be sworn to secrecy.
- Know the resources at Clemson University and in our community.
- Offer to go with the person for help.
- Do not leave the person alone. Find someone else who can help, such as family, friends, a religious leader, the Counseling Center (CAPS), a resident advisor or campus security.
- File a CARE Report to link the person to university services
- Tigers Together offers advocacy training to help groups and individual members of the Clemson family to become Suicide Prevention advocates.
Be a part of the solution. Attend different events being held this month to to learn more. View the flyer below.
Academic success center:
Tuesday, September 25th
- Communicating Professionally in College (College Skills Track) 5:00 PM - 5:45 PM ASC 118
Wednesday, September 26th
- Procrastination 101 (Time Mgt and Organizational Skills Track) 5:00 PM - 5:45 PM ASC 118
Thursday, September 27th
- Finding Your Career Path (Academic Resources Track) 4:00 PM - 4:45 PM ASC 118
- Finding Balance (College Success Skills Track) 5:00 PM - 5:45 PM ASC 118
Click the links below to find when your course has Tutoring/PAL Sessions at the Academic Success Center
Do you know someone you would like to see highlighted?
Has someone you know made a big accomplishment you would like to see recognized?
Are you hosting an event you would like to see promoted?
Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to be featured in the PEER/WISE Weekly Newsletter!
(Please allow up to two weeks processing time)