Super Street Fighter IV (SSF4) for PC will be played as a single elimination tournament with two-players competing per heat (a heat is the best two out of three games: see below). A standard single elimination tournament bracket will be used, culminating in a final 1v1 heat.
A note regarding controllers: players may bring their own controllers and use them during the tournament, however they will be responsible for ensuring that said controllers are able to pair with the tournament PC. Two Windows 10 compatible Xbox One controllers will be made available.
- Choosing Sides: when both players are at the PC, they must come to an agreement as to which side of they screen they will play on (who will sit on 1p and who will sit on 2p). If an agreement cannot be reached, a game of paper-scissors-rock will determine who gets to pick their side.
- Choosing Characters: standard character selection will be used for all FLAN Party SSF4 games. Both players choose their characters whenever they want (free for all) and start the game!
PLAYING THE GAME:
- Once sides and characters have been chosen, the players should begin the first Game (best two out of three rounds in what is considered the standard SSF4 arcade mode).
- The player who loses each Game will be given the option of switching sides (1p vs 2p) for the next Game. The player who won does not have the option of switching.
- The player who won the last Game is required to keep the same character for the next Game. The player who lost the last Game is allowed to choose whatever character he or she desires for the next Game (standard arcade mode rules).
- The winner of each Heat is the player to win the best two out of three Games.
- The winner of the Final Heat will be awarded 1st place, with the loser awarded 2nd.