The Four Seasons Culinary Discovery is a global journey curated by esteemed chef René Redzepi of the world-renowned Copenhagen restaurant Noma. Guests will embark on a nineteen day, nine city journey. Throughout guests will receive an insider look into the people, places, and products that are changing the culinary landscape of our world.
May 27 - June 14, 2017
- Seoul, South Korea. After meeting your journey’s dedicated support team over cocktails, begin your extraordinary culinary expedition with a private visit of the Changdeokgung Palace, followed by a private dinner at chef Jong Kuk Lee’s home to experience his renowned farm-to-table cuisine. Visit the Jin-Kwan temple at the foot of picturesque Mt. Bukhan to learn the spiritual Buddhist preparation of temple food used for centuries to enrich the practice of meditation. Immerse yourself in Korean culture with a visit to an expert ceramicist’s studio and a fashion studio that reinterprets traditional Korean clothing for the modern era. Celebrate your time in Korea with a festive meal at the home of New Korean cuisine, Jungsik, ranked in the top 10 of Asia's 50 Best Restaurants.
- Tokyo, Japan. Join world-renowned chef Namae Shinobu for a private dinner at his Michelin-starred restaurant L'Effervescence. Enjoy an early morning visit to the Tsukiji Fish Market with a local Tokyo chef to learn the ins and outs of sourcing fresh ingredients, including fish, and witness the world-famous live tuna auction. In the evening, savor dinner at Yakiniku Nakahara, one of the city’s finest Kobe beef destinations. Other options include browsing the dazzling food halls of Ginza and learning the basic movements of sword fighting from Tetsuro Shimaguchi, who choreographed the sword-fight sequences in Kill Bill.
- Hong Kong. Like its irresistible cuisine, Hong Kong is a vibrant and energetic blend of diverse influences. Begin your culinary immersion with dim sum at Lung King Heen, a three-Michelin-star restaurant at Four Seasons, and step into this renowned kitchen for an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour. Join chef Alvin Leung Jr. at his restaurant, Bo Innovation, and dive into the avant-garde world of molecular gastronomy at an “X-treme Chinese Dinner.” Cruise Hong Kong’s scenic harbor at sunset in a traditional red-sail junk boat. Browse the stalls at the Temple Street night market, filled with tempting local delicacies, fortunetellers and performers. Savour a traditional banquet with a whole suckling pig at Fook Lam Moon, a Hong Kong institution.
- Chiang Mai, Thailand. Chiang Mai is the vibrant gateway to Northern Thailand’s unique cultural and culinary traditions. Join former Noma chef Garima Arora for lunch and an exclusive visit to a Royal Project farm, part of a national effort to boost sustainable farming. Get an insider’s view of Chiang Mai’s nightlife and local dining with your guide Duangporn “Bo” Songvisava, co-founder of restaurant Bo.lan and recently named one of Asia’s best female chefs. Visit the Thai Elephant Care Center at Mae Sa Elephant Camp, home to retired and injured elephants, and learn the basic commands of communicating with these majestic creatures. Try your hand at feeding them and watch them bathe, before continuing through the lush jungle to a nearby hill tribe village.
- Mumbai, India. Past and present coexist in Mumbai, home to historic riches and glamorous Bollywood. Sample the multilayered flavors of India’s cultural capital, from the ubiquitous chaats—or street food—to cutting-edge menus at elite restaurants. Enjoy an exclusive opportunity to prepare traditional specialties with former Noma chef Garima Arora, who is also your guide in a visit to vibrant Crawford Market. Immerse yourself in the colorful world of Indian fashion with Tarun Tahiliani, one of India’s leading clothing designers. Visit the Lalbagh spice market, where locals come to buy and sell spices, and create a freshly ground customized blend with your purchased spices. Cap your visit with Noma chairman Marc Blazer at the Four Seasons for an insider’s perspective on the future of restaurants.
- Florence, Italy. Meet with pioneering wine makers Tenuta di Valgiano at their lush estate that occupies a medieval site. Travel to Chianti to learn from the poetic Dario Cecchini, an eighth-generation butcher, and enjoy a unique opportunity to assist his team with their work. In the medieval village of San Miniato, enjoy a truffle hunting adventure in the forest with expert guides. Back in Florence, enjoy private visits to the Galleria Dell’Accademia, which famously houses Michelangelo’s statue of David among other renowned works by great Italian artists. Visit the Scuola del Cuoio, a leather school in the Santa Croce monastery, where artisans craft exquisite leather accessories, and commission a garment to tailored to your specifications at Antico Setificio, a local fabric workshop.
- Lisbon, Portugal. Lisbon’s cuisine bears the hallmarks of a variety of rich culinary traditions, from the seafood of the traditional Portuguese maritime culture to the delicate spices of North Africa and the fiery flavors of the New World. Experience Portuguese chef José Avillez’s modern takes on Portuguese classics at his two-star Michelin restaurant, Belcanto. Or savour the playful, avant garde dishes at Minibar, José’s newest venture inside the São Luiz Municipal Theater. Take a private tour of the Jerónimos Monastery, a monument celebrating explorer Vasco da Gama’s voyage to India, with elaborately carved walls and arches featuring nautical motifs. Explore the city’s ancient, winding streets via Lisbon’s iconic tram, accompanied by soulful Fado music, on a private tour.
- Copenhagen, Denmark. Disembark in Copenhagen, and receive a very special welcome from René Redzepi, one of the most influential chefs in the world and the mastermind behind your journey. Enjoy a private cruise through the canals of Copenhagen, enjoying drinks and special canapés prepared by the Noma team. René and the team of his renowned restaurant Noma will introduce you to the family, friends, producers and chefs that comprise their world. Forage with the Noma team and enjoy aperitifs on Amager Beach. Learn about the evolution of their innovative methods and their vision for the future of Noma. Gather for a full, private meal with Noma including exclusive behind-the-scene access and insights.
- Paris, France. In the City of Light, indulge in the splendour of Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, just steps away from the fabled Champs-Élysées. Admire Paris from the water, enjoying a French picnic as you cruise the Seine on a private riverboat. Turn to Noma’s curated list of local favorites and explore the staff’s favorite pâtisseries and wine shops. Enjoy an intimate tasting session in the historic, secret wine cellar at our hotel. Discover the hidden heart of the Eiffel Tower on a guided behind-the-scenes tour, and explore the vibrant neighborhood of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where the streets are lined with upscale art galleries, storied cafes and specialty shops. Toast to a successful culinary adventure with a private farewell dinner at the three-Michelin-star restaurant, Le Cinq at the Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris.