- Named after Rugby School, where it was first played.
- Invented in 1823 by William Webb Ellis, when he caught the ball while playing a game of football at school and ran to the goal with it.
- In 1871, the Rugby Football Union, or RFU, was formed.
- In 1871, the first international rugby match was played between Scotland and England.
- In 1892, the Northern Rugby Football Union, or NU, was formed.
- In 1898, professionalism was allowed in rugby.
How to Play
In Rugby, there are 2 teams, with 15 players on each teams. The players can carry, pass, or kick the ball to the end zone to score points. They compete for 2 40 minute halves, with a 5 minute halftime. The team who score the greatest amount of points WINS!
Workouts for getting into Rugby Shape
- Box jumps
- Dumbbell split squats
- Chin ups
- Prone leg curls
- Semi supinated dumbbell bench presses