1) Shakespeare was not born into a family of nobility or significant wealth.
2) Shakespeare’s sonnets were composed between 1593 and 1601, though not published until 1609.
3)William Shakespeare married at age 18 to a woman 7 to 8 years younger.
4) Shakespeare and his wife raised two daughters: Susanna, who was born in 1583, and Judith (whose twin brother died in boyhood), born in 1585.
5) In late 1582, William Shakespeare married Anne Hathaway.
6) Shakespeare was born to John Shakespeare, a glove maker and tradesman, and Mary Arden, the daughter of an affluent farmer.
7) William Shakespeare was baptized on April 26, 1564, in Stratford-upon-Avon.
8) As the third of eight children, young William grew up in this small town 100 miles northwest of London, far from the cultural and courtly center of England.
9) Shakespeare attended the local grammar school, King's New School, where the curriculum would have stressed a classical education of Greek mythology, Roman comedy, ancient history, rhetoric, grammar, Latin, and possibly Greek.
10) In 1594, Shakespeare joined the Lord Chamberlain’s company of actors, the most popular of the companies acting at Court.
11) In 1599 Shakespeare joined a group of Chamberlain’s Men that would form a syndicate to build and operate a new playhouse: the Globe, which became the most famous theater of its time.
12) Among the last plays that Shakespeare worked on was The Two Noble Kinsmen, which he wrote with a frequent collaborator, John Fletcher, most likely in 1613.
13) Shakespeare prospered financially from his partnership in the Lord Chamberlain's Men (later the King's Men), as well as from his writing and acting. He invested much of his wealth in real-estate purchases in Stratford and bought the second-largest house in town, New Place, in 1597.
14) Shakespeare died on April 23, 1616—the traditional date of his birthday, though his precise birth-date is unknown.