TRACK & FIELD
Five UChicago student-athletes traveled to the 2018 NCAA Division III Indoor Track & Field Championships and brought back five All-American trophies -- led by two from sophomore Laura Darcey.
NEXT MEET (First Outdoor Meet of the Season)
UChicago at Viking Olympics
- When: Thursday, March 29, 11 AM CT
- Where: Augustana College, Rock Island, Ill.
SPRING BREAK = SOFTBALL SEASON
The perennial NCAA Tournament qualifying Maroons have their sights set on another strong season with a solid returning cast from the 2017 squad that finished 26-14 and reached its second-straight NCAA Regional.
SPRING BREAK SCHEDULE (March 17-24)
(All Games in Clermont, Fla., PFX Spring Games)
- March 17: UChicago vs. Calvin, 2 PM ET / UChicago vs. Tufts, 4:30 PM ET
- March 18: UChicago vs. Fredonia, 9 AM ET / UChicago vs. Oberlin, 11:30 AM ET
- March 20: UChicago vs. Hendrix, 2 PM ET / UChicago vs. Hamilton, 4:30 PM ET
- March 21: UChicago vs. Williams, 9 AM ET / UChicago vs. Carroll, 2 PM ET
- March 23: UChicago vs. UW-Oshkosh, 11:30 AM ET / UChicago vs. Wellesley, 2 PM ET
- March 24: UChicago vs. Farmingdale State, 9 AM ET / UChicago vs. D'Youville, 11:30 AM ET
"Our expectations are always high," Head Coach Ruth Kmak, who is approaching the 400-win mark this season, said. "While we lost a couple of major contributors to graduation, we return our pitching staff and defensive core and our offensive lineup will also remain largely intact… We'll look for some of the returners to take on more significant roles and for our first-years to step up to compete immediately. "If each team member does her part, we will be a very competitive whole."
SPRING BREAK TEST
After taking fourth at the ITA Indoor National Team Championships, the #10 Maroon women's team heads to California over Spring Break to take on some tough competition in the heart of spring season.
SPRING BREAK MATCHES (WOMEN)
All matches in Claremont, Calif.
- March 20: UChicago vs. #7 Tufts, 12 PM PT
- March 22: UChicago vs. #5 Bowdoin, 10 AM PT
- March 23: UChicago vs. #2 Williams, 9 AM PT
The #6 Maroons have lost just one dual match so far in 2017-18, as UChicago took third place at the ITA Indoor Team Championships earlier this month. UChicago will take on some serious national contenders with a three-match stretch in Claremont, Calif., March 19-23.
SPRING BREAK SCHEDULE
All matches in Claremont, Calif.
- MARCH 19: UChicago at #14 Pomona-Pitzer, 4 PM PT
- MARCH 22: UChicago vs. #4 Bowdoin, 9 AM PT
- MARCH 24: UChicago vs. #8 Williams, 9 AM PT
After winning their first two games of the year in early March by a 31-4 margin, the Maroons head to Southern Indiana and Texas with eight games on the road, followed by a twin bill at Illinois College March 31.
- March 17 (Terre Haute, Ind.) : UChicago vs. Wisconsin-Platteville, 2 PM ET / UChicago vs. Rose-Hulman, 5 PM ET
- March 18 (Terre Haute, Ind.): UChicago vs. Rose-Hulman, 11 AM ET
- March 20: UChicago at Mary Hardin Baylor (Texas), 6 PM CT
- March 21: UChicago at Southwestern (Texas), 6 PM CT
- March 23: UChicago at Texas Lutheran, 7 PM CT
- March 24: UChicago at Texas Lutheran (DH), 1 PM/4 PM CT
- March 31: UChicago at Illinois College (DH), 1 PM/3:30 PM CT
SWIMMING & DIVING
NATIONAL FIELD SET
UChicago's teams had a total of 17 swimmers qualify to represent the Maroons at the 2018 NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships held March 21-24 in Indianapolis, Ind.
2018 NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships
- Wednesday-Saturday, March 21-24, 2018
- Where: Indianapolis, Ind.
- Four different individuals are currently seeded in the top 10 of their respective events.
- Sophomore Reona Yamaguchi is the fourth seed in the men's 100-yard breaststroke (54.98).
- First-year Gillian Gagnard is the fifth seed in the women's 200-yard backstroke (2:00.52).
- First-year Margaret Wolfson is the sixth seed in the women's 200-yard breaststroke (2:17.99).
- Sophomore Lance Culjat is the ninth seed in the men's 200-yard breaststroke (2:01.04).