Civil Laws V Criminal Law
- Civil Laws are groups of laws that redresses wrong against individual persons. First, a complaint must be filed against a party. Money is rewarded to those affected after damage is proven. The court litigates,or asks those guilty to remedy a wrong,and all must fulfill their duty in the end.
- Criminal Law governs the citizens right to live in peace. The case is filed by the gov't,state,individuals,or businesses. There is a prosecutor and defender. The end result is either imprisonment,fines, or the death penalty.
Procedural Laws V Substantive Laws
- Procedural Laws deal with methods of enforcing legal rights or duties. Tells how legal rights should be executed. It determines whether equitable remedies such as injunction are available. An example to remember this law is by comparing it the ingredients of an omelette.
- Substantive Laws define rights or duties of conduct expect those involved in enforcement. They're a set of laws that decide the fate of a case. An example to remember this by is how degrees of murder are defined.
- Business Law pertains to business situations or transactions. It is between the merchant and consumer. They mainly concern civil law,such as contracts or can even be torts. They can also be due to interstate commerce.