There is a specific community of outdoor minded people in the Burlington area. In order to grow as a business providing outdoor services, North Star Sports should engage more with community members via social media. By simply posting more frequently and talking to locals, not only will it engage a larger audience, but that audience will recognize your shop as part of the community.
Purpose: To highlight the reasons which North Star Sports is significant in the community and build engagement through that community, all via social media.
Goal: Involve the community through greater post frequency, giveaways, and profiling customers and employees.
How can you help right now:
- Use provided hashtags (#northstargives) - this promotes the spread and knowledge of hashtags which relate to the store. This can also get customers talking about giveaways.
- Talk to customers about what they love about the store - it's important to get input about things which should be highlighted on your social media pages.
- Post social media handles on signs in store - make customers aware that your accounts exist.
- Word of mouth - Talk to customers! Tell them the opportunity to be profiled on your Instagram and Facebook pages is possible, and that sales and giveaways are frequently posted.
- GIVE STUFF AWAY - gloves, hats, free stickers. Get people interested in the free aspect, as this will help get people more active in the shopping process (i.e. they come in for free gloves, they leave with a new bike).
Themes to keep in mind:
- GIVEAWAYS - Giving away items not only gives something back to the community, but promotes sales and good intentions on the stores behalf.
- Bike Meet Ups - organize community bike rides so customers can get to know each other.
Handles to Promote
- @northstarsports (Instagram)
- North Star Sports (Facebook)
#northstarsportsgives #nssgives #nssportsgives
- Instagram - post between 3 and 5 times per week, never twice in the same day.
- Facebook - post everyday. The higher the frequency, the more people will see what you are doing! Never twice in one day.
Types of Posts
- Giveaway - one every four weeks. Something small like gloves, hat, bike chain, etc.
- Employee Profile - close frame shot of an employee holding their favorite item in the store for that season. Highlight: what they do in the shop, why is it there favorite item, what they do most during that season, favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor that exists, and what they would name their own Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor.
- Customer Profile - close frame shot of customer holding whatever they came into the shop for. Could be: recent purchase, repair, return, etc. Describe where they are from and what they love most about North Star Sports.
- Bike Meet Up - one week in advance, tell customers about a meet up ride. Have fun with it! Maybe even do a giveaway at the meet up...