- They are very flexible which allows them to slip into small cracks to hunt the food they need.
- The mouth and teeth of Zebra sharks are designed for crushing through the exoskeletons and other shells of their prey.
- Not a violent shark, slow swimmers and non-aggressive
- When they reach adulthood, their stripes are replaced with dark spots so they can blend in with the ocean floor.
- known as "carpet fish" because they have a great ability to breath easily while resting on the sea floor. Normally, they point towards the natural water flow and pump water through their gills without requiring any movement.
- Females zebra sharks do not need a male to have babies
- Humans fish for this shark for it's flesh, liver oil, fins, and fish meal production
- Kept in many aquariums
- Many divers try to ride them or grab their tails
One day I'm striped and the next day I'm spotted