"Communication Tasks on a Summer Holiday"
Il programma comprende un percorso di 60 ore di formazione cosi suddivise:
- 40 ore di lezione in aula con insegnati madrelingua qualificati all’insegnamento della lingua inglese mirate al potenziamento delle capacità comunicative, con particolare attenzione al linguaggio verbale e all’arricchimento del lessico, e allo sviluppo di un adeguato linguaggio tecnico- professionale di cui 15 ore di microlingua mirate allo sviluppo di competenze specialistiche
- 20 ore di visite (aziende, musei, ecc.) per consentire un contatto con la cultura e civiltà del paese + workshop
You will need to come to the School at 08:30 hours every day.
On your first day, 16th July 2018 teachers will be waiting in Reception to meet all new students. During the first morning you will take a test to check your level of English, have an interview with a teacher to discuss your requirements and be given information about the School and the city.
Lesson times will be:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday 08:30-13:10 and 14:00-17:40 hours
- Tuesday and Thursdays 08:30-13:10 hours + afternoon excursion/activity
We will have a full-day excursion on 21st and 22nd July .
You will need a notepad and pen for your lessons. Please also bring the following on your first day:
- Current passport or ID card (your travel document)
- A passport sized photo for your ID card.
To make St Giles an enjoyable place to study and work in we have established a number of rules for everyone’s benefit. These rules cover lesson times, smoking, attendance, homework, and general behaviour in school and in accommodation arranged through the school.
We don’t have many rules, but please:
- Speak English all the time.
- Switch off your mobile phone when you are in class.
- Come to your classes on time every day. If you are more than 10 minutes late for a class, your teacher will ask you to come back for the next lesson.
- Do your homework.
- If you are ill and cannot come to school, please telephone the School before your lessons begin on 01273 682747.
If a student’s attendance or behaviour is bad, we will give a spoken warning, and then a written warning if the situation does not get better, we can ask the student to leave the School. Our standard cancellation terms will apply.
- Smoke outside the building and please use the ashtrays.
- Do not use chewing gum in the School.
- Put all your rubbish in the litter bins. There are recycling bins for paper, plastic bottles and cans in all classrooms.
- Do not bring food or drink, except water, into the classrooms.
The full Student Disciplinary Code is available to view on the St Giles International website: www.stgiles-international.com
If a student behaves badly in the school or in their accommodation, the matter will be referred to the DoS or the Principal. Misconduct by a student may result in their being expelled from the school if they do not change their behaviour following a formal warning.
Your family should provide you with all of the following:
- A room with a full-size bed, a wardrobe, a full-length mirror, bedside table and a chest of drawers.
- A clean set of bed linen and towels once a week.
- Breakfast and an evening meal, and packed lunch.
- A shower or bath every day.
- A quiet place in which to study.
Dettaglio servizi offerti:
- 15.07.'18 - Transfer Treviso /Venezia Marco Polo apt con bus Gt di recente immatricolazione: ritrovo c/o Stazione Centrale di Treviso ore 03:45 - partenza per apt ore 04:00
- 15.07.'18 - volo Venezia/Londra Gatwick (EASYJET) - bagaglio da stiva 20 kg + bagaglio a mano (misure standard 55x40x20 cm), ore 06:50 - 08:05
- 29.07.'18 - Transfer Brighton /Luton apt con bus Gt: ritrovo c/o St Giles International School, 1-3 Marlborough Place - Brighton, ore 07:15 - partenza per apt ore 07:30
- 29.07.'18 - volo Londra Luton/ Venezia bagaglio da stiva 20 kg + bagaglio a mano (misure standard), ore 13:25 - 16:30
Escursioni di mezza giornata
- Brighton City tour
- Chichester + Cathedral
- Royal Pavillon
• N° 2 escursioni di intera giornata a :
- Oxford, Windsor & Eton
• Musical "Summer Holiday" c/o Theatre Royal Brighton - (not included)
• Cinema and other social activities organized at school (optional)
- tessera sanitaria
- carta prepagata (tipo Postepay, ecc.)
- soldi possono essere cambiati anche in aeroporto
- oggetti di valore sempre con voi
- medicine che di solito usate (ricetta in inglese!)
- fotocopia documenti di identità
- k-way / poncho, ombrello
- doppio paio di scarpe
If you want, you can think of a "present" for your Host Family