Open Enrollment Period is May 1-15
Open Enrollment for health benefits and flexible spending accounts will be between May 1 - 15 this year. The online enrollment, EDirect, is under construction and will not be available for use during this open enrollment period. Therefore, all changes will require a paper enrollment form.
Additional information will be coming out in the next couple of weeks regarding Open Enrollment, so be sure to watch for this important benefit information.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF BIGGEST LOSER 2017
The individual winner is Michael Renfroe who lost 8.54%
The winning team is Sherry Reed & Steve Croy who collectively lost 9.28%
The winners will receive a CommonHealth tote bag filled with goodies to keep them on track, as well as a $50 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods.
This year, our group of 73 participants lost a total of 329.3 pounds during the 6-week competition.
Way to go everyone! Thank you for making this such a fun event.
New Challenge! STEP IT UP!
JMU CommonHealth invites all faculty and staff to participate in our 2nd Annual Spring Walking Challenge – STEP IT UP! This competition will challenge everyone to take 10,000 steps every day.
- Competition runs Monday, April 17 – Friday, May 12, 2017. Join-in at any time.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to walk 10,000 steps each day of the competition.
- Each day that you log 10,000 steps, your name will be entered into a drawing for CommonHealth gift bag filled with goodies as well as a $75 gift card to help you purchase a new pair of shoes! (We assume if you are walking that much, the tread might start wearing thin.)
Summer School Is Quickly Approaching
Sherry Willis, Payroll Services
For faculty wishing to make tax withholding adjustments for their summer pay, please reference Payroll Service’s summer school calendars under the “Calendars and Deadlines” link on the left sidebar of their web-page @ www.jmu.edu/payroll.
There are two calendars available... a “guaranteed” course calendar and a “contingency” course calendar. Note: A contingency course that “makes” is still considered a contingency course for the purpose of determining your scheduled pay dates.
In order for Payroll Services to assist with the calculations, faculty must provide the following information…
- The session(s) being taught (i.e. 1st 4 wks, 2nd 6 wks, etc…)
- The actual pay dates the payments are schedule to pay out
- The exact amount expected
- Your PeopleSoft Employee ID Number, or the last four digits of your SSN
In an effort to “Go Green”, all adjustments must be made electronically via MyMadison. There is a “DD and W-4/VA-4 Effective Date Table” calendar located under their “Calendars and Deadlines” link as well. This calendar will identify when changes must be made via MyMadison in order for the change to be effective for a particular pay date.
JMU Talent Development
- Resonant Leadership (TD1824)
- Advanced AACP Orientation (TD2144)
- Extreme Couponing (TD2045)
- RAD: Physical Defense for Women (TD1096)
- Once Upon A Time: Storytelling in the Workplace (TD2077)
Visit Talent Development's webpage for a listing of all they have to offer!