- Macy’s Inc. is one of the world’s largest retailers with 812 stores; in 45 states within the U.S., Guam, and Puerto Rico
- These stores operate under various names including: Macy’s, Macy’s Backstage, Bluemercury, Bloomingdale’s, and Bloomingdale’s Outlet.
- The company sees itself a retailer who is intuitive; able to stay ahead of their competitors while keeping their customers needs in their foresight.
current mission statement
“Our goal is to be a retailer with the ability to see opportunity on the horizon and have a clear path for capitalizing on it. To do so, we are moving faster than ever before, employing more technology and concentrating our resources on those elements most important to our core customers.”
revised mission statement
Our goal is to provide an excellent shopping experience for customers seeking quality clothing, accessories and furniture (1,2) all over the world (3). We are committed to employing the latest technology in distribution and e-commerce (4), to extend the legacy of Macy’s (5). We believe customer satisfaction is the key to a lasting business (6), and we value our employees who have contributed to Macy’s success by treating customers as family (9). Improving customer experience is what sets Macy’s apart from competitors (7) and we accomplish that through the shopping experience as well as prioritizing social responsibility (8).
Existing vision statement
"Our vision is to operate Macy's and Bloomingdale's as dynamic national brands while focusing on the customer offering in each store location."
Revised Vision Statement
"Macy’s vision is to provide high quality clothing, accessories and furniture while maximizing customer care whether in physical stores or online."
- Reduce annual SG&A expenses by 500 million by 2018
- EBITDA rate as percent of sales of 14 percent
- To maximize total shareholder return
- To grow in sales growth profitability
- Reduce capital spending to 900 million in 2016 compared to 1.1 billion in 2015
- To improve return on invested capital
- Expand international market
- Evaluate liquidation and selling options
- Reasearch potential buyers
- Marketing geared towards e-commerce
- Customer service centers
- Deals through mobile apps
- Improve revenue through e-commerce
- Reduce costs in stores
- Notice positive effect within 2-3 years