First Way Holy Spirit Guide and influences the church is through the Liturgy found in Jesus and the Chuch textbook, 1 Corinthians 14:26 (ESV)26 "What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up" ,The United States of Catholic Bishops, and npm.org
Second Way the Holy Spirit Guides and influences the church is through sacred scripture found in the Jesus and the Church textbook, Scborremeo.org, The Cathoilc church documents of biblical church, Romans 3:28, when he inserted the word "alone" after "faith" ("For we hold that a man is justified by faith [alone] apart from works of law."
1.The Holy Spirit has been present in modern times is in John 16:7-11 is says “And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.” This is saying in a scenario when you would have to testify against right or wrong the spirit gives us the spirit to do the right thing.
2. There are many times when we do not want to tell the truth but in John 16:13 says “However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.” This means the Holy Spirit helps us reveal the truths and us always with us to make things clear and plain.
3.There are times when we do not understand God word but in John 14:26 Jesus says, “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” The Holy Spirit opens our hearts during the times we do not comprehend God words.
4. There are time in our lives when we feel unfruitful and unhappy in Galatians 5:22-23 says “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” The Holy Spirit harvest fruits in us as believers of Christ.
In the early church according to the Holy Spirit provided encouragement, guidance and comfort. Acts 9:31 says “Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.”
The Holy Spirit in church today is to indwell all of Jesus followers to look like Christ and to continue the ministry of Jesus, according to the church document of catholic cross walk. John 4:24 "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
The Holy Spirit inspired the apostles to speak the word of God to all people and all the churches. Acts 4:31 says “And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spoke the word of God with boldness."
-What changes will you make in your life because of what you learned and experienced?Because of what I learned I will change the way I speak to people and I will ask the Holy Spirit for guidance.
- How will you apply what you’ve learned to your everyday life and learning? I will tell people about Jesus and his ministry and look to the Holy Spirit when I do not understand something I will look to the Holy Spirit.
- How will you apply what you’ve learned to the broader social and political issues that you care about? In political issues I will apply what I learned to issues I care about my reminding myself the Holy Spirit knows the truths of every political and social conflict Abad to show me the answers.
- What implications does this experience have for future interfaith service-learning we might do? The implication this experience has for future interfaith service-learning for me is now I have a better understanding of the Holy Spirit role in my life.