“Isabella” Circle Dot BRU
By Mary Benner
Photography By Allen Benner
Approx 20” Tall
Isabella has the following features:
1. Skillfully painted head and arms poured in white porcelain. The head comes with a cork pate.
2. A 9 pc. Composition body with Bru label (replica).
3. Lovely, nicely threaded, blue/gray VINTAGE solid glass eyes.
4. Gorgeous pale blond mohair wig by Wendy Feidt. This wig was custom made for this doll and is signed and dated under the wig cap by the artist.
About the costume:
5. Isabella wears a one piece “jacket” dress made of a frosty blue silk dupioni, the dress is decorated with old and new lace, silk ribbons and lace appliqués with tiny rhinestones. The attached “jacket” has a hand ruched champagne silk ribbon trim going down both sides of the jacket front. The skirt is pleated. A matching bonnet of frosty blue silk dupioni and decorated with vintage lace, champagne color silk ribbons and vintage flowers complete the ensemble.
7. Isabella wears shoes especially designed for her by artist FRAN QUIN. The shoes are made of the same silk dupioni as the dress over leather with champagne color silk ribbon rosettes at the toes. The soles are leather with tiny heels and stamped BRU. Fran has made a special shoe box for these shoes.