Step 1: Ground Rules
During the next 5 days before winter break, students will have 1 class period to complete a given task. Each day, students are provided a prompt and shown 1 -2 examples. They then have the remainder of that class time to complete the assignment.
Students will utilize photo manipulation skills to produce an image based on a prompt every day for 5 days.
- Google: Look up your own tutorials & photos to complete each task.
- Drawing Wacom Tablet (Optional)
- Photoshop Document size: 10in X 10in Resolution 300
- Name the Jpeg : PopSculpt_lastnameFristname
- Turn in a jpeg of your project to google classroom.
- NO PHOTOSHOP FILES (PSD)!! If you turn in a psd you will receive no credit.
- Due by the end of class.
Day Two, Turn a Pop Icon into a Sculpture:
Pop icons range from toys like Barbie to singers like Ke$ha. McDonald’s French fries might even be considered a pop icon. Sculptures range from ancient ruins like Easter Island to modern day artists like Calder or Segal. Pick a pop icon to turn into a famous sculpture. Both the pop icon and the sculpture should be easily recognized by your audience.