The number one objective of this project is to increase the overall admission, retention, and graduation rates of DACA immigrants nationwide.
- Increase overall college retention and graduation rates
- Implementing sufficient financial aid workshops
- Implementing Socio-cultural workshops
- Provide a learning environment that nurtures the academic growth and talents of DACA students
HOW WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE
To respond to the needs of DACA immigrants in higher education, forming a committee that would exist on community college campuses nationwide would be the first move to success. The Committee would look like this:
- A friendly, open, and diverse environment made up of staff and students
- Forming surveys and workshops that respond to the needs of DACA students
- Constructive learning trips designed to increase cultural awareness
- Consistently active in the campus environment
- Workshops designed to assistant in financial aid or options present/available
Why a Committee?
A committee on campuses nationwide is the first choice in aiding DACA immigrant students because it has the highest potential to make the students thrive in their learning environment. The committee is meant to feel more like a family where the students feel as though they can trust each other and the staff that is guiding them.