At the start of the year, people often set resolutions like exercising more and eating healthier...
What resolutions might you set related to reading?
- How often do you read? How long do you read when you do? Do you want to read more?
- What types of books do you generally read? Do you want to try some from outside your comfort zone? A different genre? A different format?
- Is there a particular subject that you want to learn about through reading?
- Do you want to re-read some favorite books from your childhood?
- Perhaps your goal is to finally find an author or book that you like at all?
- Do you want to read books that serve as a mirror for your own life experiences?
- Do you want to read books that serve as a window, giving you insight into life experiences different from your own?
- Do you have books at home that you've meant to read but still haven't yet?
- Do you want to try checking out books from the school or public library?
- Do you want to read books aloud to someone younger (or older)?
- Is there a book club that you can join, whether it's in-person or online?
Set Your Intentions with a 2020 Reading Resolutions Worksheet
Click here for an example, but don't let it limit you! Feel free to make resolutions that work for you and select TBR (to-be-read) titles that you feel excited to read!
Want to talk to someone about your reading resolutions? Need help finding books to meet your goals or specific titles from your TBR list? Visit your school library!
Want to Track the Books You Read?
You can always track your books by simply writing them down on a piece a paper or in a notebook. But, if you want a couple of tech-related options, below are a couple.
Need more inspiration?
Finding Books from the Library
Ready to start finding books to help meet your reading resolutions? Use the buttons below to access district and public library sites to search for titles.
As always, reach out to your school site's Teacher Librarian to collaborate regarding information resources and research. Let's work together to Open Doors for Students!
January 10, 2020 GUHSD FutureForward Libraries
See the full Resource Snack Time Archives at bit.ly/guhsd-rst.