What is Equinix INC.?
Equinix is a “global interconnection platform for the world's leading companies.” They provide carrier-neutral data and networking centers to enterprises, content companies, and network providers.
"Equinix enables global and emerging businesses alike to deliver their applications with higher performance and reduced latency"
The company’s core attributes are: “Equality, Neutrality and Internet Exchange.”
Company in Numbers
Equinix has 145 data centers with locations in 21 countries on 5 continents.
- Americas: 3
- EMEA: 13
- Asia-Pacific: 5
The company has attracted over 8,000 customers given its global locations and services. They work with over 2,250 enterprises of which 155 are part of the Fortune 500.
- Americas: 3,800+
- EMEA: 4,200+
- Asia-Pacific: 2,000+
To handle all of this movement they have more than 5,600 employees globally.
- Americas: 2,400+
- EMEA: 1,900+
- Asia-Pacific: 1,300+
Thanks to all of the work, in 2015, Equinix reported $2.73B in revenue.
More about Equinix
- Its headquarters are in Redwood City, CA.
- The president and CEO is Stephen M. Smith, has lead the company in a period of unprecedented growth, "from $419 million in revenues in 2007 to nearly $2 billion in 2012".
- Equinix maintained steady revenue growth in 2015 with sales rising some 11% to $2.5 billion from $2.4 billion in 2014.
- In 2015, operating activities generated $895 million, 30% more than in 2014.
Why I chose EQuinix?
- Technology is growing exponentially because it is such an important part of our everyday lives.
- It’s in the heart of Silicon Valley, which could help with networking and future employment opportunities.
- I would be close to family, so I could afford to live there!