1. Boston Tea Party- In 1773, British East Indian Tea Company was going bankrupt. Britain decided to sell the tea to the colonist. The tea would be sold at a lower price than normal. Colonists got mad about it ( I don't see why, they were getting it at a cheaper price). Dec 16, 1773 about 100 colonist, dressed as Indians, attacked the ship that had the tea.
2. Olive Branch Petition- The petition was in July of 1775. It was a letter to King George III. It came from the second congress. It was a final attempt to avoid full on war between Great Britain and the colonies.
3. Committee of Correspondence- Committee of correspondence was when Britain looked to the colonists to help. Meanwhile, colonists are hoping to show independence. Basically organize the colonies and show them how to fight. 9/13 colonies showed.
4. Stamp Tax- In the stamp tax mercantilism comes in play. Mercantilism is a belief that wealth is/was power. After the French and Indian war, Britain held one of the largest empires and had the biggest debt. It was imposed in 1765. It aimed to raise revenue to support the new military force.
5. Intolerable acts- It was a series of acts to colonies, mainly Boston. Most dramatic act was the Boston Port Act. They closed the port until damages were fixed and the tea was paid for. Also, restrictions were put on town meetings, colonies events, etc.
6. French and Indian war- The F and I war was the french and the Indians vs. the British and the colonists. What happens is the french pull out of America. They have "bigger fish to fry". British win and claim all the land east of the Mississippi river. Natives are the biggest losers.
7. Battle of Boston- Battle of Boston was an opening of the revolution. Militia prevented the movement of the British army. Thomas Gage ordered Lieutenant-Colonel Francis Smith to lead troops to the town of Concord. Americans won!
8. Battle of Lexington and Concord- Francis Smith led roughly 900 British soldiers to take military supplies from colonists. Americans won the battle. The Battles of Lexington and Concord were the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War.
9. Lord North's ministry collapsed and temporally ended George III's personal rule. The Whig ministry replaces it. The Whig ministry is more favorable to the Americans.
10. The treaty to end the war is signed in Paris. Benjamin F, John Adams, and John Jay went from America to Paris. British people didn't like the war. It made them "weary".